9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 12:46 PM

Cuomo continues to go a bang up job.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 1:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Cuomo continues to go a bang up job.

As usual, it's hard to tell because both have been pointing fingers and the media doesn't know which side to take.

Here's a vaccination tracker.  It appears to me that many states, including NY/OH/FL are all pretty close in per capita vaccination rates.  Several states doing "well" are surprising, but only Colorado and TN are larger states population wise.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

But given only 1/3 of what's been distributed has been put in arms is pretty poor.  I don't really accept blaming the federal govt for this - governors had 9 months to formulate a plan.  And while deliveries are also behind (THAT is the feds fault), the vaccinations are way behind.  People blame Trump for waiting like 4 days to sign the stimulus bill, but Pelosi could have gotten this done two months ago but didn't want to give that to Trump ahead of the election.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Jan 8, 2021 12:05 PM

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-effective-against-16-mutations-found-variants-preliminary-study-says/WZ6EJDHSZFBIBPZUUSEYGE4LD4/

If its on the up and up then good.  

Eyebrows raised on the speed in which they find this out and also are they positioning their media saturation to get more people to take their vaccine over the other ones?

This vaccine is a money maker for a few years.  The more market share they have the better.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jan 8, 2021 12:23 PM
posted by Spock

If its on the up and up then good.  

Eyebrows raised on the speed

They don't need to do a trial in humans to know it's potentially effective.  They can test the effectiveness of the protein or whatever in a lab petri dish.  Since they know the delivery mechanism and antibodies work in people, they can be highly confident their vaccine will work on the new mutations.  Not 100%, obviously, but probably fairly close.

Moderna should be no different.  It's basically the same mechanism with a slightly different delivery concoction.

No idea with Astrazeneca, but my guess is it and all the other vaccines will still work.  As I understand these new variants, it's basically a sharper and/or longer sword the virus uses but nothing as far as "defenses" the vaccines target.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 8, 2021 2:20 PM

If I had a choice I would probably choose one of the two vaccines available now but once Johnson and Johnson hits the market it will probably be the one most people get. They have 100 million doses ready to go for the US and its only one shot and doesn’t need special storage. 

It should get approval and ready to go by early/mid February and should significantly speed up the number of vaccines given each day.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 7:24 AM

Has anyone been following the Barstool fund? Regardless of what you think of them, they’ve raised almost $21M dollars and are giving it to businesses to keep them afloat until Covid is over. Some of the videos hit you right in the feels. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 7:27 AM
posted by iclfan2

Has anyone been following the Barstool fund? Regardless of what you think of them, they’ve raised almost $21M dollars and are giving it to businesses to keep them afloat until Covid is over. Some of the videos hit you right in the feels. 

Yup, I donated to them.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 7:49 AM
posted by like_that

Yup, I donated to them.

Same Love ot

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:09 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2021/01/08/chinese-study-wuhan-infections-were-least-triple-reported-figures/

And now all the left wing nut jobs that downplayed the travel ban, Fauci whole ......its not that bad......and half the congress blaming Trump for stuff can now STFU

Trump was the only one correct on this that China was lying and hiding shit from us.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:29 PM

You ever gonna remove Trump's dong from your mouth?

OF COURSE China was bullshitting. If it was up to me I would have banned travel from Europe, hell maybe even closed the borders completely. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:43 PM
posted by Automatik

No, he is not. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Jan 10, 2021 4:27 PM

There are Plenty of clips of Fauci talking out of both sides of his mouth.  

The problem is people like him and Dewine keep doubling down on being wrong

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 10, 2021 9:03 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2021/01/08/chinese-study-wuhan-infections-were-least-triple-reported-figures/

And now all the left wing nut jobs that downplayed the travel ban, Fauci whole ......its not that bad......and half the congress blaming Trump for stuff can now STFU

Trump was the only one correct on this that China was lying and hiding shit from us.

Not even close to being true. I think this was a very common train of thought. No one I know believed (or believes) China. 

Fletch Member
Sun, Jan 10, 2021 9:07 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Not even close to being true. I think this was a very common train of thought. No one I know believed (or believes) China. 

Except the WHO, CDC and Nancy.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 10, 2021 9:23 PM
posted by Fletch

There are Plenty of clips of Fauci talking out of both sides of his mouth.  

The problem is people like him and Dewine keep doubling down on being wrong

We don’t know what the numbers would look like if quarantine was any longer, or stricter, or never happened at all. So it’s hard to say what they’re doing is definitely wrong. 

But I do think DeWine could have cooled it with the 10pm curfew a while ago. 

Fletch Member
Sun, Jan 10, 2021 9:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

We don’t know what the numbers would look like if quarantine was any longer, or stricter, or never happened at all. So it’s hard to say what they’re doing is definitely wrong. 

But I do think DeWine could have cooled it with the 10pm curfew a while ago. 

I was out shopping today and I was in an extremely busy clothing store.  Hundreds of people.  All I could think of is how we are locking up dining and allowing this.  Unreal.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 11, 2021 12:16 PM
posted by Automatik

OF COURSE China was bullshitting. If it was up to me I would have banned travel from Europe, hell maybe even closed the borders completely. 

Racist xenophobe

Wed, Jan 13, 2021 3:21 PM

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. So far only a sore arm. I have been hearing the 2nd dose is when most people feel like shit.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Jan 13, 2021 3:28 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Initially people may have been more or less compliant.  But that ship sailed a long time ago - extended "pseudo lockdowns" don't work on a volunteer basis.  To stop the private gatherings, you need to actually enforce the curfew and not just shutdown bars and restaurants.

Recent data seems to show that bars and restaurants that implemented safety measures weren't a significant source of spread.  And my guess would be the closures actually led to increased private gatherings where no one followed or enforced safety measures.  Which would mean closing restaurants was counter productive.

Wed, Jan 13, 2021 3:57 PM

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login