Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 12:01 PM
posted by Spock

yada yada yada.....do you have anything of worth to add to this?  Prove me wrong.

Attacking your idiocy adds more to a discussion than anything you ever say.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 1:03 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Are you really this stupid, or do you play it up online? Serious question.

IT WAS A NEWS STORY THIS MORNING ON THE RADIO.  STFU IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD.

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 1:06 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-vaccine-cards-reminder-2nd-144908874.html

I bet you wont get into a sporting event or buy concert tickets without proof.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 2:09 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Prove what wrong? There’s a 93% compliance at businesses they can go in and observe. There’s no outbreaks from gas stations and Meijer. It’s all from private gatherings. And I’m gonna trust myself on this one over you because I see and talk to Covid patients every day. The story is all the same. “Got together with friends or family, someone had Covid? No one knew. Now I’m sitting here unable to catch my breath.”

I don’t know why people like you get so uptight about this. 

If nearly everyone is wearing masks outside of their home, then how is that family member that gave it to “you” at the family gathering getting it in the first place?

I am not saying masks don’t work, but I am seeing many in the health field questioning this same thing I am right now.

How are people getting it with 95% mask compliance?

The “home gatherings” still means someone got it from outside the home.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 2:37 PM

Stop making sense, you will be vilified.

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 3:14 PM
posted by jmog

If nearly everyone is wearing masks outside of their home, then how is that family member that gave it to “you” at the family gathering getting it in the first place?

I am not saying masks don’t work, but I am seeing many in the health field questioning this same thing I am right now.

This

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 3:33 PM
posted by jmog

Masks slow down the spread. They don't stop the spread.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 3:36 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Yeah, it's really not that difficult.  Some masks are better than others, but beyond a certain time your exposure is still high enough to contract it even if wearing a mask, especially if you aren't distancing.

And I see a lot of people still wearing masks wrong (not covering their nose, etc).

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 4:17 PM
posted by Spock

IT WAS A NEWS STORY THIS MORNING ON THE RADIO.  STFU IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD.

There was no "news story on the radio" that say that masks don't work. STFU if your lack of basic comprehension of English is that poor.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 4:32 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Stop making sense, you will be vilified.

He made an argument similar to this:

Condoms lessen the instances of STD transmission.  Frank wears condoms.  Frank got herpes.  Therefore condoms don't work.

Or this:

"Before seatbelts were in use, an accident like this would kill the driver 90% of the time.  With the use of a seatbelt, a driver in this type of accident would die 25% of the time.  Therefore seatbelts don't work."

How is this "making sense"?

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 7:01 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

There was no "news story on the radio" that say that masks don't work. STFU if your lack of basic comprehension of English is that poor.

oh you must have been in my truck this morning when the story came on and I didnt hear what they said.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 7:12 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Current evidence says other wise.  95% mask compliance and it is spreading as bad or worse than the first wave back in April when no one wore masks.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 7:27 PM
posted by jmog

Current evidence says other wise.  95% mask compliance and it is spreading as bad or worse than the first wave back in April when no one wore masks.

It spreads faster because more people have it. You claim to be educated, but you don't even understand how exponential growth works.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 8:51 PM
posted by Al Bundy

It spreads faster because more people have it. You claim to be educated, but you don't even understand how exponential growth works.

You just made his point.  Wearing masks and more people have it.  Most of you need to stop attacking the posters to disprove them.  Not worth reading.  The argument that the drakonian measures aren’t working is looking more and more true.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 9:08 PM

Seems a little dramatic to call it drakonian (draconian too.) 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 9:23 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Lol, rather funny. First if you look at the spread data in cases per day it is not exponential at all. If you believe that then you have never seen an exponential graph.

From February to now it is more of a hybrid of 3 normal statistical distributions merged together with varying amplitudes.

If you believe it’s exponential then you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Even the total cases over time is not exponential it is logarithmic which can be mistaken for exponential in the beginning of an infection, but it always levels off which makes it logarithmic.

So again, who isn’t educated?

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 9:26 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Also, Fletch is right. While trying to sound smart and attacking me, you actually proved my point.

More people have it in a time when the vast majority of people are wearing masks and more people, by far, are adhering to mask wearing than during either of the other 2 waves.

So the fact, as you point out, that more people have it, actually is evidence on my side of the point. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 9:40 PM
posted by jmog

More people have it in a time when the vast majority of people are wearing masks and more people, by far, are adhering to mask wearing than during either of the other 2 waves.

In public, not in private where I believe you pointed out most spread is occurring.  So actually YOU were the one who has shown mask wearing, distancing and limiting exposure time works....you know, because like you said the spread isn't occurring in public places where people are actually wearing masks and distancing.

But, you know, people go to private parties and don't really pay attention to the guidelines, and one person infects 4-5 and then they go and infect another 4-5....and that's how you end-up with 1 community/public case leading to 15 in-home/private cases.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 9:57 PM
posted by jmog

Lol dude I can post at least 100 pictures right now from my Facebook feed alone of people in weddings alone dancing hugging taking pictures with no masks on. It’s not people wearing masks that are spreading it. Just stop. 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Dec 4, 2020 10:37 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Lol dude I can post at least 100 pictures right now from my Facebook feed alone of people in weddings alone dancing hugging taking pictures with no masks on. It’s not people wearing masks that are spreading it. Just stop. 

For the 3rd time, compare mask wearing now to last March/April. Mask wearing is WAY up and yet the spread is worse.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login