Reds 2018 offseason thread

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 7:21 PM

This thread is for posting minor moves this offseason.

Reds and Nationals swap Tanner's. Reds get Tanner Roark, Nats get Tanner Rainey. I like it.

The Reds are involved in a ton of rumors. The latest I saw would send Tucker Barnhart, Homer, and Vladimir Gutierrez to LAD for Puig and Alex Wood. I also saw them in the rumor mill for JT Realmuto.

• Wed, Dec 12, 2018 7:23 PM

Realmuto, Puig, Wood, Roark

Yes please

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 7:24 PM

Any chance they can get Tulo? Not sure if he even fits with the Reds, since I barely followed last year. 

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 7:26 PM

The Realmuto trade rumors included giving up Taylor Trammell, which would hurt. But Realmuto would look great in GABP.

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 8:33 PM

Yeah Marlins asking big on JT. Asking Braves for Albies and Bellinger if Dodgers

But Trammel.....I’d hedge on that I think 

Wood/Puig for Homer/Tucker/Gutierrez hell yeah

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 8:34 PM
    posted by wildcats20

Any chance they can get Tulo? Not sure if he even fits with the Reds, since I barely followed last year. 

Not sure if anything left. Maybe a RH bat off th bench

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 8:54 PM

Yeah, Tulo stinks. 

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 9:03 PM
    posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah, Tulo stinks. 

I think Cutch is following his path but 1 year behind and he just signed for $50 million. Phillies will hate that I bet.

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 9:02 AM

Latest I'm seeing now is it would be Kemp, not Puig, coming back from the Dodgers if there were to be a deal for Bailey. Either way, get his ass out of Cincinnati.

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 4:54 PM

I don't follow baseball that closely but isn't Puig kind of a hothead? Wonder how he'll react going from a southern California playoff team to Cincinnati who's been miserable for a few years. 

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 5:00 PM
    posted by friendfromlowry

I don't follow baseball that closely but isn't Puig kind of a hothead? Wonder how he'll react going from a southern California playoff team to Cincinnati who's been miserable for a few years. 

Puig is a passionate dude...a bit scary as well. He’ll either be an instant favorite or player most wont like. I bet he’ll be real motivated. Kemp could be big in GABP. Alex Wood....I like.

Best of all...bye bye Homer

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 5:07 PM

Wow—that’s a great trade 

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 5:08 PM

Kluber next.

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 5:14 PM

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 5:40 PM

The WKRP trade lol

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 5:57 PM

Love this trade. Marty is gonna hate Puig, and that makes me happy. 

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 6:03 PM
    posted by justincredible

Love this trade. Marty is gonna hate Puig, and that makes me happy. 

Puig was overwelmingly the Dodgers fans favorite players

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 6:28 PM

I like his flashy personality and he's gonna mash in gabp. I'm hoping they can extend Wood.

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 6:34 PM
    posted by justincredible

I like his flashy personality and he's gonna mash in gabp. I'm hoping they can extend Wood.

gross

Fri, Dec 21, 2018 8:31 PM

Homer already released by the Dodgers. He apparently requested that before waiving his no trade. 

Ad