NFL 2019 season playoffs

Ad

• Sat, Jan 4, 2020 8:03 PM

How the hell was that a blindside block? They were chest to chest. 

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 8:06 PM

This is a really good terrible game. Teams that really deserve to advance.

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 8:08 PM
    posted by wildcats20

How the hell was that a blindside block? They were chest to chest. 

I agree, he didn't initiate the block he screened him and then after contact, he pushed back.

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 8:11 PM

Watson with his Clemson magic

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 8:19 PM
    posted by Ironman92

Watson with his Clemson magic

The 2nd in on the rush tried to knock the ball loose instead of wrapping him up.

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 11:07 PM

Really don’t care who wins but Edelman just took an exciting finish away with a ridiculous drop

Wasnt he the one that dropped a late 1st down catch that would’ve sealed game vs Giants in last SB they lost?

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 11:39 PM

As wrong as I was about the Browns schedule being the reason for the slow start, and the easy finish would get them to the playoffs, I feel vindicated on my Pats thoughts. Been saying since preseason they are not a good team. Stuck by it when they started hot with the easiest schedule the NFL had ever seen (literally). They really only beat 1 good team — Buffalo. That offense was trash all season. Brady has no help for a lot of it, but he is also old and it finally mattered. Looked bad last year, and they still won a SB, but this year he looked as bad but they couldn’t cover it. 

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 12:08 AM

Houston at KC

Tennessee at Baltimore. 

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 11:54 AM
    posted by Laley23

As wrong as I was about the Browns schedule being the reason for the slow start, and the easy finish would get them to the playoffs, I feel vindicated on my Pats thoughts. Been saying since preseason they are not a good team. Stuck by it when they started hot with the easiest schedule the NFL had ever seen (literally). They really only beat 1 good team — Buffalo. That offense was trash all season. Brady has no help for a lot of it, but he is also old and it finally mattered. Looked bad last year, and they still won a SB, but this year he looked as bad but they couldn’t cover it. 

I recall this and agree. In fact, I think we both thought the Browns had a legit shot in that game. If Chubb doesn't fumble twice I think it could've been a different outcome which is why I had Tennessee winning yesterday. Pats have a solid defense but can't stop big backs.

As far as their team goes, Brady is running on fumes and Belichick,s "Waterloo" is drafting WR's. When a 3 foot tall slot guy (Edelman) is your #1, you're lacking weapons. I also don't think this should be an indictment on Josh McDaniels as a potential HC candidate.

Speaking of Travis Henry, has anyone else seen that post floating around on Facebook regarding his high school senior year game stats?  4200+ yards rushing, 55 TD's, four games over over 400 (one 510) and four games with 6 TD's.

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 11:58 AM

So what is this thing going around about Vrabel using a BB move against BB? I didn’t get to see any of the game. 

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 12:04 PM
    posted by wildcats20

So what is this thing going around about Vrabel using a BB move against BB? I didn’t get to see any of the game. 

Running down the clock on 4th down by using a delay of game penalty, followed by a false start penalty. Outside of 5 minutes the clock doesn't stop on those penalties. He was basically able to run a minute or so off the clock without running a play.

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 12:07 PM
    posted by wildcats20

Took advantage of the dumb rule about clock  running after a false start or delay of game until the 5 min mark of the 4th.

Ive seen teams do it before but earlier in year Belichick was on about the 40 with close to 7 min left and instructed his team in a 4th and long to keep false starting on purpose....clock starts running again after ball is set. It’s a dumb loophole and Vrabel used it yesterday to take an extra minute off the clock.

It was just good coaching to a terrible loophole.

Welker dropping a 1st down pass on the 42 with 3 min left caused more issue to the Pats though.

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 12:09 PM
    posted by BR1986FB

I recall this and agree. In fact, I think we both thought the Browns had a legit shot in that game. If Chubb doesn't fumble twice I think it could've been a different outcome which is why I had Tennessee winning yesterday. Pats have a solid defense but can't stop big backs.

As far as their team goes, Brady is running on fumes and Belichick,s "Waterloo" is drafting WR's. When a 3 foot tall slot guy (Edelman) is your #1, you're lacking weapons. I also don't think this should be an indictment on Josh McDaniels as a potential HC candidate.

Speaking of Travis Henry, has anyone else seen that post floating around on Facebook regarding his high school senior year game stats?  4200+ yards rushing, 55 TD's, four games over over 400 (one 510) and four games with 6 TD's.

Not hard to believe. He’s a damn monster and crazy fast.

McDaniel in 1st and goal on the 1 is not a great HC sell though

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 1:14 PM

Refs missed a clear false start on Minny

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 2:03 PM

Taysom Hill is a huge weapon

Great 3rd or 4th down back...yep

Can pass

Can block

Can receive

Special team coverage guy

Great use of a player

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 2:31 PM

Refreshing to see coaches showing an understanding of the clock so far this postseason

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 3:14 PM

Looked an inch or two short but nothing to overturn

Saints looking like a form of the Pats but Brees may have even less arm on the deep ball.

MT and AK need to step up...and of course the Saints run D

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 3:51 PM

Killer strip sack!

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 3:55 PM

Saints in trouble. I don’t want Brees to go down like that. That was sad.

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 3:56 PM

Down 100%

Ad