Cleveland Cavalier 2018-2019 Season

• Mon, Apr 8, 2019 11:15 PM
    posted by SportsAndLady

The Q will now be named Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. 

Yuck

DGAF, just win.

Mon, Apr 8, 2019 11:44 PM
    posted by Commander of Awesome

DGAF, just win.

Another year or two of a top 3 pick would be better. 

Tue, Apr 9, 2019 8:04 AM
    posted by SportsAndLady

The Q will now be named Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. 

Yuck

I always though Gund Arena sounded like a venereal disease

No way that it does not just become "The Rock"

Tue, Apr 9, 2019 8:25 AM
    posted by Verbal Kint

I always though Gund Arena sounded like a venereal disease

No way that it does not just become "The Rock"

just like Progressive Field will always be the Jake, Rocket Mortgage Arena will always be the Q

Wed, Apr 10, 2019 8:32 AM

Re: Magic Johnson leaving Lakers

Magic couldn't even survive one season with Lebron.  This is why I can't get on the Dan Gilbert hate train as some Cavs fans do.  At least he did everything he could do and spend a lot of money to win a title. Has there ever been a coach, owner, or team exec that Lebron got along with (coach K doesn't count)?  

Wed, Apr 10, 2019 11:51 AM
    posted by like_that

Re: Magic Johnson leaving Lakers

Magic couldn't even survive one season with Lebron.  This is why I can't get on the Dan Gilbert hate train as some Cavs fans do.  At least he did everything he could do and spend a lot of money to win a title. Has there ever been a coach, owner, or team exec that Lebron got along with (coach K doesn't count)?  

I think you have a point but Magic also has a history of abruptly quitting things when it's not fun for him anymore (coaching, NBA countdown show, etc) 

Fri, Apr 12, 2019 12:26 PM

Larry Drew is no longer the Cavs coach.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 11:56 PM

Cavs hired University of Cal-Berkeley head coach Lindsay Gottlieb to assistant coach position. First time a female college coach was ever recruited to fill a coaching gig in the NBA. 

In draft news, God only knows what LA does with their 4th pick. I wouldn't QQ if Darius Garland fell to #5 though. 

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 7:44 AM
    posted by friendfromlowry

Cavs hired University of Cal-Berkeley head coach Lindsay Gottlieb to assistant coach position. First time a female college coach was ever recruited to fill a coaching gig in the NBA. 

In draft news, God only knows what LA does with their 4th pick. I wouldn't QQ if Darius Garland fell to #5 though. 

Is she related to Doug Gottlieb?

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 8:27 AM
    posted by like_that

Is she related to Doug Gottlieb?

Hopefully not. He sucks.

Tue, Sep 10, 2019 11:06 AM

Sad news. Enjoyed listening to him and AC over the years. RIP.

Tue, Sep 10, 2019 12:32 PM

Awful news. I met him several years ago with Fab4 and he was just as awesome in person as he was on TV. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2019 1:17 PM

Awful news, super bummed.

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 10:48 AM
    posted by wildcats20

Awful news. I met him several years ago with Fab4 and he was just as awesome in person as he was on TV. 

He really was. I can't find the pictures from that day, unfortunately. 

Very sad news. It's been heartwarming to see the outpouring of love from players, media members and fans. He was truly universally liked and respected.

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 12:12 PM
    posted by Fab4Runner

He really was. I can't find the pictures from that day, unfortunately. 

Very sad news. It's been heartwarming to see the outpouring of love from players, media members and fans. He was truly universally liked and respected.

What's crazy is that he essentially had two careers. Started in Cleveland and used to do Tribe games, then went to Detroit and was a beloved announcer for the Pistons for 20+ years. Dan Gilbert worked for him as an intern before he became rich....then brought him back to Cleveland to be the Cavs guy. So he's loved in Detroit & Cleveland (I'm sure probably in other places too).

Ad