Browns Preseason 2019

• Mon, Sep 2, 2019 9:37 PM
    posted by BR1986FB

And I know you're not necessarily supposed to draft for need but other than O-Line, what is this team's biggest weaknesses? They are good at QB & RB. May be able to add a WR later in the draft to develop but not a dire need. TE is a definite need as Njoku hasn't been extremely reliable and they have no depth. Could draft for DL & secondary depth but they are pretty solid there too. Maybe another stud LB? There aren't a lot of "needs" other than O-Line, which just shows how far Dorsey has brought this roster.

2. LBer - unless Mack/Takitati prove otherwise. Kirksey likely gone, Schobert not signed past this season leaves a lot of question marks.

3. DB - We're lean at safety and CB outside of our top 3

4. TE - Njoku has yet to "breakout" [inconsistent hands, inconsistent blocker] and out depth behind him is garbage

1. Oline - As you said. We have two good players on the oline and a bunch of JAGs to below avg players behind that.

Tue, Sep 3, 2019 8:32 AM
    posted by BR1986FB

And I know you're not necessarily supposed to draft for need but other than O-Line, what is this team's biggest weaknesses? They are good at QB & RB. May be able to add a WR later in the draft to develop but not a dire need. TE is a definite need as Njoku hasn't been extremely reliable and they have no depth. Could draft for DL & secondary depth but they are pretty solid there too. Maybe another stud LB? There aren't a lot of "needs" other than O-Line, which just shows how far Dorsey has brought this roster.

There is an argument for drafting for need, once your team is established and has a QB.  This is especially true for very important positions such as the OL. Hopefully Baker remains legitimate and this team is on the right track, because I won't QQ about drafting for need if that is the position we are in.  

In the case of the Browns since 1999, they have been a pile of shit, so finding a QB and going for BPA was the best approach.  

Tue, Sep 3, 2019 12:04 PM
    posted by Commander of Awesome

2. LBer - unless Mack/Takitati prove otherwise. Kirksey likely gone, Schobert not signed past this season leaves a lot of question marks.

3. DB - We're lean at safety and CB outside of our top 3

4. TE - Njoku has yet to "breakout" [inconsistent hands, inconsistent blocker] and out depth behind him is garbage

1. Oline - As you said. We have two good players on the oline and a bunch of JAGs to below avg players behind that.

The thing that is even scarier about the O-Line is that I think Zeitler made Hubbard look a lot better than he was and now Zeitler's not there so Hubbard has nobody to help cover his ass.

Wed, Sep 4, 2019 3:34 PM

Color Rush is Primary uniform this year! Supposedly will wear it 6 times at home with brown alternates the other 2. No more bullshit white every game. Yes I know uniforms are meaningless...

Wed, Sep 4, 2019 7:05 PM

That is all well and good........along with “bull shit” white. Because at the end of the game day, all that matters is.........the W!

Go Browns!

Ad