2020 Browns

Ad

• Wed, May 13, 2020 1:04 PM

Man, with this Covid situation, some of these people must have a lot of boredom. First the Myles Garrett to Seattle joke of a rumor and now Chris Simms has come out and said that before the 2018 draft the Seahawks reached out to the Browns offering Russell Wilson for the number 1 pick, which ended up being Mayfield. Not sure if anything else was asked for by Seattle (assume so) but if it was straight up, the Browns were idiots (if the rumor's true) and this is from someone who thinks Mayfield is going to be very good.

Wed, May 13, 2020 1:07 PM
    posted by SportsAndLady

That would make no sense. Spend the 10th pick on a LT of the future, and immediately sign a LT and move that pick to guard? Absolutely no way they do that. 

Now, adding peters for depth, I can see that. And would love that. Especially for the mentoring reason. 

Considering Wills played RT to protect Tua's blind side, it likely wouldn't be a difficult transition sliding to RG. Pretty sure HOFer Jonathan Ogden played RG his rookie year before sliding to LT.

It would make sense in that this team is still in "win now" mode with contract extensions on the horizon for Garrett, Ward, Mayfield, Chubb, etc. I doubt they keep them all.

Wed, May 13, 2020 2:25 PM
    posted by BR1986FB

Considering Wills played RT to protect Tua's blind side, it likely wouldn't be a difficult transition sliding to RG. Pretty sure HOFer Jonathan Ogden played RG his rookie year before sliding to LT.

It would make sense in that this team is still in "win now" mode with contract extensions on the horizon for Garrett, Ward, Mayfield, Chubb, etc. I doubt they keep them all.

My point is you don’t draft a tackle to just move to guard because a 38 year old tackle is coming for a year to play his position.
    I WOULD like Peters if it is for depth/rotational usage, and to help mentor Wills. But that probably won’t get Peters to sign here. 

Wed, May 13, 2020 2:50 PM
    posted by SportsAndLady

My point is you don’t draft a tackle to just move to guard because a 38 year old tackle is coming for a year to play his position.
    I WOULD like Peters if it is for depth/rotational usage, and to help mentor Wills. But that probably won’t get Peters to sign here. 

Oh, I know that's not the intention but if they are going after Peters, I'd rather he be on the field versus paid a boatload to be a backup.

Wed, May 13, 2020 9:44 PM
    posted by SportsAndLady

In a normal year, I agree with you. If camp gets shortened significantly, I worry about a rookie adjusting to left tackle. I still think that the long term plan is for him to play left tackle, but I would be fine if Peters started the season there.

Wed, May 13, 2020 9:55 PM
    posted by Al Bundy

In a normal year, I agree with you. If camp gets shortened significantly, I worry about a rookie adjusting to left tackle. I still think that the long term plan is for him to play left tackle, but I would be fine if Peters started the season there.

And this is why I thought the Bengals were stupid to dump Andy Dalton. I know the #1 pick (Burrow) should be out there but we're dealing with a different animal this year. With a possible shortened camp, etc he's going to get thrown in the fire real quickly.

I agree with you on a rookie at LT. Will's only saving grace is that he'll have a good LG (Bitonio) next to him. I think that helped Joe Thomas a helluva lot having Steinbach next to him his rookie year.

Ad