2019 Reds Thread

• Tue, Apr 23, 2019 8:43 PM

Weird game so far. Through 4 shutout innings, Gray had given up 2 hits and struck out 8. Then gives up 4 runs in the 5th and 6th. Now Peraza gets his first hit in decades knocking in 2 to go back up 5-4. 

Tue, Apr 23, 2019 8:49 PM

What the fuck, David Bell? Benching Winker to get a righty up to bat. He thinks too damn much 

Tue, Apr 23, 2019 8:54 PM

Well, I guess it worked (on the field). Winker was not happy at all though. Don’t blame him either 

Tue, Apr 23, 2019 9:53 PM

Schebler just struck out with the bases loaded, his fourth strikeout of the game. He fucking STINKS. 

Tue, Apr 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Phew! Little scary, but got the W! 

That was a great game to watch 

Tue, Apr 23, 2019 10:24 PM

Great win. Fun game!

Wed, Apr 24, 2019 8:59 AM

Our department had access to the company suite last night. Definitely a fun game to attend, and made all the better with free food and beer.

Fri, Apr 26, 2019 12:20 AM

Really good series win over the Braves

Wed, May 1, 2019 10:31 PM

Great team win by the Reds. 

Jose Iglesias is playing at an all-star level

Wed, May 1, 2019 10:40 PM

And Jesse Winker and the LF fans lol. They HATE him....and man he is having a blast with it.

He May not wanna go out on the town unless he’s taking Puig with him 

Thu, May 2, 2019 10:23 AM

David Bell continues to blow my mind. He takes Disco out in the 6th after 85 and dominating them because he gives up a double on a ball that Winker should have caught. Winker played it totally wrong and still almost made the catch though. 

Fri, May 3, 2019 8:08 AM

A guy who graduated from the local high school (Sebring) was the 2nd base umpire for the Reds/Mets game yesterday. Very small school...maybe 25 in his graduating class.

Fri, May 3, 2019 11:39 AM

Looks like with the departure of S and L, 25% of the OC Reds fan base is gone. 

Fri, May 3, 2019 12:18 PM
    posted by BRF

??? Did I miss something?

Fri, May 3, 2019 12:24 PM
    posted by BRF

posted by BR1986FB

??? Did I miss something?

yeah--where'd S&L go?!?

Fri, May 3, 2019 12:51 PM

He had a mini-meltdown on the Progressives thread and "took his ball and went home".

Back to the Reds: I see that Senzel is making his debut tonight.  That's great!

Fri, May 3, 2019 1:04 PM
    posted by BRF

He had a mini-meltdown on the Progressives thread and "took his ball and went home".

Back to the Reds: I see that Senzel is making his debut tonight.  That's great!

He'll be back.

EDIT: And I just read that thread. Would read again.

Fri, May 3, 2019 1:11 PM

This is the first I saw that Senzel is making his debut tonight, I haven't been paying much attention lately. That is good news.

Fri, May 3, 2019 1:21 PM
    posted by BR1986FB

He'll be back.

EDIT: And I just read that thread. Would read again.

lol--ditto--that was definitely crynasty worthy...and yes, I agree--he'll be back

Fri, May 3, 2019 1:30 PM

I just looked at the lineup and Senzel will be batting second.

I also noticed that Sonny Gray is batting 8th ahead of the catcher.?

I just did a little googling and found out that this strategy is being used more and more. Besides trying to get more runners on base for the #2 hitter, if your pitcher is getting a 3rd at bat, it doesn’t matter because he is pitching well. 

Ad