Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Jan 7, 2023 7:55 PM
posted by iclfan2

K. Plenty of other examples. Do you agree gender shouldn’t be discussed in k-8?

Discussed? Idk it’s going to come up just as it has for the last 26 years I’ve been teaching. Should it be part of the curriculum? No because it’s not. This is not a new issue and has been around long before Maga latched on to it. When I was in high school we had “no gays” but it wasn’t true. They just hid until they got older which also isn’t fair. It’s perfectly ok to “discuss@ tolerance and differences in people. At the end of the day I just don’t get why people care who sleeps with who. No one is turning gay because they hear about someone else being gay or trans. You are in social media too much. It’s just not a tea thing but ur entitled to your opinion. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 7, 2023 11:06 PM
posted by geeblock

Discussed? Idk it’s going to come up just as it has for the last 26 years I’ve been teaching. Should it be part of the curriculum? No because it’s not. This is not a new issue and has been around long before Maga latched on to it. When I was in high school we had “no gays” but it wasn’t true. They just hid until they got older which also isn’t fair. It’s perfectly ok to “discuss@ tolerance and differences in people. At the end of the day I just don’t get why people care who sleeps with who. No one is turning gay because they hear about someone else being gay or trans. You are in social media too much. It’s just not a tea thing but ur entitled to your opinion. 

Sorry, but anyone who thinks it’s ok for a teacher to discuss gender ideology, transgender, non-binary, drag queens, etc to K-8 children is evil.

Hope that helps. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 7:25 AM
posted by jmog

Sorry, but anyone who thinks it’s ok for a teacher to discuss gender ideology, transgender, non-binary, drag queens, etc to K-8 children is evil.

Hope that helps. 

So what are you going to do if you have one of those students in the class just pretend like it isn’t happening?  Did you even read what I said? You just replied with a bunch of stuff I didn’t even say. 

Hope that helps 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 8:11 AM
posted by geeblock

So what are you going to do if you have one of those students in the class just pretend like it isn’t happening?  Did you even read what I said? You just replied with a bunch of stuff I didn’t even say. 

Hope that helps 

It’s rather simple, first defer them to the school counselor who is actually trained to help kids with mental disorders, and that school counselor works with the parents to get the kid the help they need.

Teachers should not be talking to kids about sexuality or gender identity at that age. Reading, math, science, history, etc. 

Hope that helps.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 2:12 PM
posted by geeblock

Hope that helps 

Correct, pretend it isn’t happening, or send to someone to help their mental issues. Also don’t have a pride flag in your classroom. It’s very easy to just teach instead of being an influencer/ groomer. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:41 PM

You guys would feel differently if it was your child but please carry on 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

Correct, pretend it isn’t happening, or send to someone to help their mental issues. Also don’t have a pride flag in your classroom. It’s very easy to just teach instead of being an influencer/ groomer. 

Again instead of looking at reality you throw some comment about having a flag in thr classroom to deflect from reality 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:44 PM
posted by jmog

It’s rather simple, first defer them to the school counselor who is actually trained to help kids with mental disorders, and that school counselor works with the parents to get the kid the help they need.

Teachers should not be talking to kids about sexuality or gender identity at that age. Reading, math, science, history, etc. 

Hope that helps.

Cool 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 6:44 PM
posted by jmog

Hope that helps.

So if you are gay u have a mental disorder? Got it 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 7:01 PM
posted by iclfan2

You do realize how dumb it sounds to say pretend it isn’t happening right? 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 7:37 PM
posted by geeblock

You do realize how dumb it sounds to say pretend it isn’t happening right? 

Kids aren’t trans, and most likely not gay. Leave them alone. If my daughter comes home talking about your bullshit I will get them fired immediately. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 8, 2023 8:54 PM
posted by iclfan2

Kids aren’t trans, and most likely not gay. Leave them alone. If my daughter comes home talking about your bullshit I will get them fired immediately. 

Stay angry 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 9:02 AM
posted by geeblock

You guys would feel differently if it was your child but please carry on 

My wife and my sister are both part of the LGBTQ community and they both feel the same way. Keep it out of the classroom and let the parents and therapists/psychologists help the children.

I know that doesn’t fit your belief system but a lot of the LGTBQ community doesn’t believe in indoctrination either.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 9:04 AM
posted by geeblock

So if you are gay u have a mental disorder? Got it 

I never said that so stop putting words in my mouth.

It is factually information though that transgender/body dysmorphia IS ACTUALLY a mental condition so yes, teachers shouldn’t be dealing with that, parents and mental health professionals should be.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:07 AM

Teaching tolerance for people who are different is not indo

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:15 AM
posted by geeblock

Teaching tolerance for people who are different is not indo

It’s real easy to teach what you call tolerance, most people just call it being a good person, without indoctrinating kids with gender identities.

“No matter if people look different from you, if they act different than you, we treat everyone with respect and dignity. Bullying anyone different from you is never ok and will not be tolerated. If you want specifics on things other than that you can ask your parents or the school counselor.”

See, you didn’t ignore it, you addressed treating all people with respect regardless of who they are, without teaching kids about gender identity when you should be talking to them about math and reading.

Not that hard   

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:26 AM

Yeah geeblock, indoctrination needs to be taught at home where they tell you about the all knowing invisible man in the sky that has made 10 rules that you must follow ( when convenient).And if you break those rules or put you pee pee where you shouldn’t, you will thrown in an ocean of fire for eternity.

But he loves you

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:29 AM
posted by jmog

My wife (is) part of the LGBTQ community 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:38 AM
posted by Devils Advocate

Yeah geeblock, indoctrination needs to be taught at home where they tell you about the all knowing invisible man in the sky that has made 10 rules that you must follow ( when convenient).And if you break those rules or put you pee pee where you shouldn’t, you will thrown in an ocean of fire for eternity.

But he loves you

So your stance is that religion should be banned from the home but taught in schools?

And I mean religion in general and philosophical/existential topics?

That’s one interesting take I guess.

But I would MUCH rather have parents the choice to “indoctrinate” than the government if that’s the choice we are presented with.

The idea that the government should be the lone input into our children’s thought processes is rather authoritarian of you DA.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jan 9, 2023 10:39 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I will help you out.

What’s the “B” stand for in “LGTBQ”?

Answer that and you will soon figure it out. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login