Progressives, part 3...

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 8, 2022 4:26 PM

If I hear the words "taxing Tim Ryan" one more time.  Its ad nauseam.

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Oct 8, 2022 4:31 PM

Also is "go fuck yourself" an appropriate response to these political texts I am getting?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Oct 8, 2022 11:16 PM
posted by gut

It really is.  Just like sports.  People just want to be part of a winning team.

Exhibit A - Quaker

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 9, 2022 6:28 PM
posted by majorspark

Also is "go fuck yourself" an appropriate response to these political texts I am getting?

That's usually what I do.  I don't get a response. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Oct 9, 2022 7:37 PM
posted by superman

That's usually what I do.  I don't get a response. 

Post a pic 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 12:14 AM
posted by geeblock

Post a pic 

Go fuck yourself

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 4:55 PM

If the above post is the end of the thread, then I apologize for this post.    :)

https://sashastone.substack.com/p/hello-to-new-followers

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 12:05 PM

In probably the most predictable/signaled political development in several years, Tulsi Gabbard has left the Democratic party.

Now the question is if she'll run (and for what office) as an Independent, Repub or Libertarian.

Calling the Dems "an elite cabal...stoking anti-white racism" seems a little bit MAGA....

Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:16 PM
posted by gut

In probably the most predictable/signaled political development in several years, Tulsi Gabbard has left the Democratic party.

Now the question is if she'll run (and for what office) as an Independent, Repub or Libertarian.

Calling the Dems "an elite cabal...stoking anti-white racism" seems a little bit MAGA....

The democratic party has been the way it is for many, many years.  So why now?  Could this be - might I be so bold to suggest - a political stunt?  It's unthinkable!!!

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:51 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The democratic party has been the way it is for many, many years.  So why now?  Could this be - might I be so bold to suggest - a political stunt?  It's unthinkable!!!

I think it's gotten much worse in the last 5 or so years. Just like the extreme right/MAGA is a pretty new development in the Repubs.

Not sure why it's a "stunt" when it's been pretty clearly signaled for the last 2 years.  Yes, it was "timed" but she didn't declare as a Repub.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:56 PM
posted by gut

If the truth now means “MAGA” then sure. There was nothing but factual information in her announcement on Fox  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:57 PM
posted by gut

I think it's gotten much worse in the last 5 or so years. Just like the extreme right/semi-fascist/domestic terrorist/MAGA is a pretty new development in the Repubs.

Not sure why it's a "stunt" when it's been pretty clearly signaled for the last 2 years.  Yes, it was "timed" but she didn't declare as a Repub.

Fixed it 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:57 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

There is no denying the Ds have taken a hard left turn over the last 5+ years. They are not the same as they were during the Clinton years, not even close.

Tue, Oct 11, 2022 4:12 PM
posted by jmog

There is no denying the Ds have taken a hard left turn over the last 5+ years. They are not the same as they were during the Clinton years, not even close.

I didn’t deny any of this.  I just don’t buy into these politicians saying their conscience won’t allow them to stay in the party they’ve long knowingly supported.

This “I’m leaving the party” stuff is usually a way to keep politically relevant when none of these people give a rat’s ass about the good of the citizenry.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 4:18 PM

Yeah, it's all about staying relevant. Just like, to give a couple examples, Vance going from not liking Trump to kissing his ass in order to not be an afterthought in the Ohio R primary or Sinema going from Green Party left to moderate "piss off the left" D around when she realized that Green Party left was going to win a total of nothing whatsoever in Arizona.

Tue, Oct 11, 2022 4:38 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, it's all about staying relevant. Just like, to give a couple examples, Vance going from not liking Trump to kissing his ass in order to not be an afterthought in the Ohio R primary or Sinema going from Green Party left to moderate "piss off the left" D around when she realized that Green Party left was going to win a total of nothing whatsoever in Arizona.

I think most of these people will say and do anything to protect their long-term career/political power.  Tulsi Gabbard probably doesn’t give two shits about “today’s Democratic Party” or which direction it’s going.  

Biden was more conservative when he was a senator, Clinton was a much more liberal president from 92-94 than the rest of his term.  Trump would have run on the communist party ticket if he’d thought it’d get him elected.

The rare exception to the present day pols is one who had principles he/she truly believes in.  I can’t think of but a handful.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 5:14 PM

Gabbard didn't leave the party; the party left her ...... about 10-15 years ago.  Too bad it took her that long to figure it out. 

majorspark Senior Member
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 10:05 PM

Nothing will change until people en masse realize they are being played as fools and vote accordingly if possible.  Until then its a circle bitch.

Wed, Oct 12, 2022 4:32 PM
posted by majorspark

Nothing will change until people en masse realize they are being played as fools and vote accordingly if possible.  Until then its a circle bitch.

Circle jerk

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 9:37 AM

I just can’t imagine how this happened! 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login