Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 11:16 AM
posted by gut

LOL, you can always be counted on for at least one good racist trope per week.

Borders have fuck all to do with Indians or any other form of discrimination.  Every civilization has had a concept of territory (a.k.a. borders).  They are not innately good or bad, but that seems to be the point here.  It's a form of indoctrination, to be sure. 

It's like teaching that rope is bad because it was sometimes used to hang people.  Dumb.  I guess the concept of borders is a trigger now.

I dont think the schools position had anything to do with borders..i think she asked about borders because the lady brought up borders...just my take.  I think the school was talking about teaching about indigenous people.  not going to argue what your interpretation was.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 1:00 PM
posted by geeblock

not a bad response... my response on my education would have been.. we learned indians lived in tepees or other types of homes based on the land they lived in, hunted buffalo and ate corn.  Sacajawea helped lewis and clark, sitting bull was brave, eventually they were forced off their land and most died of disease that they had no immunity for.

Like most of history, there is a lot of nuance.  All those things you said are true.  You can add that most Indian tribes had forced other Indians off of the land they were occupying when Europeans  came, so rather than a simple story of one group (whites) taking from another (browns), it is more accurately the most recent of series of forced migrations - many at the hands of other "indigenous" people.  Of course "indigenous" is not an accurate word either as no one is indigenous to North America.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 3:00 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.rigzone.com/news/wire/california_declares_grid_emergency-01-sep-2022-170187-article/

Apparently exposing their insanity to the rest of the country is of no concern to them. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 5:26 PM
posted by geeblock

not a bad response... my response on my education would have been.. we learned indians lived in tepees or other types of homes based on the land they lived in, hunted buffalo and ate corn.  Sacajawea helped lewis and clark, sitting bull was brave, eventually they were forced off their land and most died of disease that they had no immunity for.

You realize NOTHING you just said in your response had ANYTHING to do with borders right?

That was the question asked and like normal you ramble on about topics that have nothing to do with the question asked.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 9:20 PM

Lol Biden’s speech tonight. Idiots 

geeblock Member
Fri, Sep 2, 2022 7:15 AM
posted by jmog

You realize NOTHING you just said in your response had ANYTHING to do with borders right?

That was the question asked and like normal you ramble on about topics that have nothing to do with the question asked.

No one was talking about borders  including myself. The question that was asked was what was she taught in school about indigenous people. The whole point of the post was really just proving the point of why we need this to be taught in school. This lady has no idea what she was taught and thinks u need a phd to Remember what you were taught and have your own opinion. Instead she felt confident enough that although she has no opinion of her own to come and spew right wing talking points she read on social media. 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Sep 2, 2022 7:48 AM
posted by geeblock

No one was talking about borders  including myself. The question that was asked was what was she taught in school about indigenous people. The whole point of the post was really just proving the point of why we need this to be taught in school. This lady has no idea what she was taught and thinks u need a phd to Remember what you were taught and have your own opinion. Instead she felt confident enough that although she has no opinion of her own to come and spew right wing talking points she read on social media. 

The woman was talking about borders. The BOE member asked her about what she knew about indigenous people, you rambled on for 2 paragraphs about indigenous people. 

The whole topic was started about borders being good or bad. You completely ignored that topic just like the BOE member did.

geeblock Member
Fri, Sep 2, 2022 8:51 AM
posted by jmog

The woman was talking about borders. The BOE member asked her about what she knew about indigenous people, you rambled on for 2 paragraphs about indigenous people. 

The whole topic was started about borders being good or bad. You completely ignored that topic just like the BOE member did.

Borders were just one thing mentioned in a long rambling diatribe. She mentioned ghandi, crt, and that she was against students being taught to be global citizens. Being a global citizen is a common benchmark in school curriculum. The boe ignored it as did i because likely borders weren’t even being taught or discussed in elemschool. That is usually for a later geography class in jr. High or high school. Let’s just agree to disagree 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 2, 2022 3:21 PM
posted by geeblock

The boe ignored it as did i because likely borders weren’t even being taught

Then I wonder where the lady got the idea?

Also, the BOE asked her directly what she knew about the history of borders, to which she responded "well, I'm not an expert".  And then the BOE followed-up asking what she remembered learning about Indians and "the purpose behind creating borders". 

I'll ask again - did you actually watch the video?  I'll say my initial take was spot on.  Everyone else was able to follow the conversation in the video, but agree that you disagree.

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Sep 3, 2022 4:03 PM
posted by gut

Then I wonder where the lady got the idea?

Also, the BOE asked her directly what she knew about the history of borders, to which she responded "well, I'm not an expert".  And then the BOE followed-up asking what she remembered learning about Indians and "the purpose behind creating borders". 

I'll ask again - did you actually watch the video?  I'll say my initial take was spot on.  Everyone else was able to follow the conversation in the video, but agree that you disagree.

You won’t get it through his head. He is either actually ignorant or just being obtuse.

Mon, Sep 5, 2022 3:21 PM

Go woke, go broke

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 6, 2022 1:39 PM

You WILL pay what WE say you will pay:

Quickserve wage bill becomes law in Calif.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law on Monday a bill that will create a council to set minimum wages for quickservice workers at chains with 100 or more US units, and similar measures are expected to be introduced in four other states. "At a time when California restaurants are struggling with skyrocketing inflation in food prices and operating costs, this bill will push many owners closer than ever to shutting their doors in their communities," the National Restaurant Association's Sean Kennedy said.

Full Story: Restaurant Business (9/5)  

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Sep 6, 2022 6:59 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You WILL pay what WE say you will pay:

Quickserve wage bill becomes law in Calif.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law on Monday a bill that will create a council to set minimum wages for quickservice workers at chains with 100 or more US units, and similar measures are expected to be introduced in four other states. "At a time when California restaurants are struggling with skyrocketing inflation in food prices and operating costs, this bill will push many owners closer than ever to shutting their doors in their communities," the National Restaurant Association's Sean Kennedy said.

Full Story: Restaurant Business (9/5)  

I can’t believe anyone could afford to live there

Tue, Sep 6, 2022 8:33 PM

Proof that America is full of dumbasses, the PA and GA senate races. Dummies everywhere. 

Thu, Sep 8, 2022 7:19 PM

More under incarceration, Memphis killer also a pos. It’s just assumed at this point. Between soft on crime and grooming children, the libs are doing a bang up job. And yes, I know no once cares, I’ll be the voice sharing these in case any of you clowns decide enough is enough. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 8, 2022 8:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

Proof that America is full of dumbasses, the PA and GA senate races. Dummies everywhere.

My god it's fearsome.  I didn't really expect this to happen in state-wide Senate races.
majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 8, 2022 8:54 PM
posted by gut
My god it's fearsome.  I didn't really expect this to happen in state-wide Senate races.

It is.  The founders foresaw this possibility.  The 17th amendment ended this check. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 8, 2022 9:06 PM

I haven't been paying attention because I could give a shit, but what's going on in PA and GA? I know Dr Oz (moron) is running in PA and that's about it.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 8, 2022 9:08 PM
posted by majorspark

It is.  The founders foresaw this possibility.  The 17th amendment ended this check. 

Repeal the 17th. I've been saying that to anyone that will listen for years.

Thu, Sep 8, 2022 9:11 PM
posted by justincredible

I haven't been paying attention because I could give a shit, but what's going on in PA and GA? I know Dr Oz (moron) is running in PA and that's about it.

Oz is a moron, Fetterman is a moron and just had a stroke, Warnock and Walker are both dummies as well. Any normal person would run circles around them. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login