Progressives, part 3...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 6:01 PM

posted by QuakerOats

https://patriotnewsnetwork.com/breaking-world-leader-tells-peasants-to-sacrifice-and-accept-end-of-abundance/

Going to start getting very ugly 

Heh, that site looked and read like a supermarket tabloid, but for right wing nutcases as opposed to people obsessed with celebs.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 5:10 PM

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 5:29 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Take a look at the utility price increases in Europe as well. Use the natural resources we have dummies. You can try to find green ways alongside of it. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 5:45 PM

I lol’d 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 6:20 PM

Wait a minute...they're actually teaching that borders are bad?!?  OMG borders are racist, don't you know!!!

Because that sounds like the explanation given, which might be considered to be pushing an open border agenda.  A first or second grader is not going to understand the distinction, and I'm guessing that's the point.

geeblock Member
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 7:25 PM

I don’t see anything that leads me to believe open borders or borders being bad were even in question. She mentioned a standard about indigenous people and mentioned the history of how the borders were created.  

Wed, Aug 31, 2022 9:48 PM
posted by geeblock

I don’t see anything that leads me to believe open borders or borders being bad were even in question. She mentioned a standard about indigenous people and mentioned the history of how the borders were created.  

You’re oblivious. Do you want me to post all the teachers grooming children to be losers? This isn’t even a good argument. 1st graders don’t need to hear about the violent indigenous people, that had no borders. 

More hilarious is the president of the US still saying the government would come after “the right” with f-15s and calling them all fascists. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 10:17 PM
posted by geeblock

You might want to watch it again, and try thinking a bit more critically when doing so.

I'll break it down for you...Angry parent is mad the school is teaching borders are bad.  So what the hell does that have to do with the Indians?  Well, their land was stolen and then they were forced onto reservations.  I don't see a lesson there on borders, but clearly there is one. 

Again, watch and listen.  The bureaucrat's response to "borders are good" references the Indians.  The implication is obvious - borders are not good and their history is rooted in racism and oppression.

It's pretty obvious that they are using the treatment of indigenous people to establish an equivalent association that borders are bad.  And I suspect if you looked at the materials it would be so obvious that even this mouth-breathing parent got it.  But apparently not obvious enough for Gblock.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 10:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

1st graders don’t need to hear about the violent indigenous people, that had no borders.

I can't imagine in what context "borders" is relevant to a lesson on Indians.  The idea of borders is hardly unique to any race or culture.  It might be considered interchangeable with "territory", but using "borders" instead is clearly meant to stigmatize the word.  And the bureaucrats response is obviously implying that borders are racist and oppressive, which is the EXACT argument open border proponents espouse.

Like I said, the only reason I can see using borders in this context is to draw negative associations with border control.

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 6:03 AM

Lol that lady is delusional but go off kings

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 6:27 AM
posted by gut

I can't imagine in what context "borders" is relevant to a lesson on Indians.  The idea of borders is hardly unique to any race or culture.  It might be considered interchangeable with "territory", but using "borders" instead is clearly meant to stigmatize the word.  And the bureaucrats response is obviously implying that borders are racist and oppressive, which is the EXACT argument open border proponents espouse.

Like I said, the only reason I can see using borders in this context is to draw negative associations with border control.

Maybe why the borders are where they are? Sounds like this lady doesn’t want the Native Americans mentioned at all.. “crt running rampant” “Ghandi is bad”  it’s the same fearmongering groups banning lord of the rings and handmaids tale from schools. They are trying to whitewash history at minimum. Either way the point is that this is a shining example of why this history does need to be taught so that she can actually have an opinion of her own and doesn’t think u have to have a phd to remember what happened to the native Americans or what you were taught in school so u don’t fall prey to fake news 

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 6:30 AM
posted by gut

Her second line is “we don’t want to be good global citizens” is all you need to know. This is probably what set her off 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 7:41 AM
posted by geeblock

Lol that lady is delusional but go off kings

Tell us you didn’t pay attention to the school boards response without telling us you didn’t pay attention to the school boards response.

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 8:26 AM
posted by jmog

Tell us you didn’t pay attention to the school boards response without telling us you didn’t pay attention to the school boards response.

transcript

"I guess what i want to know about, what of the history of borders did you learn about when you were in school?"

"But what is in the standard is understanding our indigenous  groups and understanding how indigenous communities have been impacted and those sorts of pieces of our history are very important and so again i ask what do remember learning about indigenous histories?"

this isnt something im going to argue about you can interpret that how you will.  if you want to join sides with someone who cant remember what they were taught in school about a certain subject but came to speak about how that same subject should be taught in schools feel free.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 8:51 AM

My response to the school bureaucrat might have been: “How were indigenous people affected by borders?  Well one example is that they did not have borders and they fought and slaughtered each other for centuries.  Theirs was a warlike and not peaceful existence.”

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 9:08 AM
posted by iclfan2

Take a look at the utility price increases in Europe as well. Use the natural resources we have dummies. You can try to find green ways alongside of it. 

And here in the US people already struggling to buy food and gasoline are about to be hammered with massive increases in winter heating bills as natural gas has more than TRIPLED under this regime.  20 million people are already behind on utility payments, but of course no one wants to talk about what is going to happen in a few more months. 

FJB

geeblock Member
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 9:12 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

My response to the school bureaucrat might have been: “How were indigenous people affected by borders?  Well one example is that they did not have borders and they fought and slaughtered each other for centuries.  Theirs was a warlike and not peaceful existence.”

not a bad response... my response on my education would have been.. we learned indians lived in tepees or other types of homes based on the land they lived in, hunted buffalo and ate corn.  Sacajawea helped lewis and clark, sitting bull was brave, eventually they were forced off their land and most died of disease that they had no immunity for.

Thu, Sep 1, 2022 9:51 AM

I was told school administrators/ teachers definitely don’t want to indoctrinate kids. Except all these idiots openly admit it or post it to their tick toks.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 11:04 AM
posted by geeblock
They are trying to whitewash history at minimum. Either way the point is that this is a shining example of why this history does need to be taught so that she can actually have an opinion of her own and doesn’t think u have to have a phd to remember what happened to the native Americans or what you were taught in school so u don’t fall prey to fake news 

LOL, you can always be counted on for at least one good racist trope per week.

Borders have fuck all to do with Indians or any other form of discrimination.  Every civilization has had a concept of territory (a.k.a. borders).  They are not innately good or bad, but that seems to be the point here.  It's a form of indoctrination, to be sure. 

It's like teaching that rope is bad because it was sometimes used to hang people.  Dumb.  I guess the concept of borders is a trigger now.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login