Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 12, 2022 4:03 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Maybe don't do stupid stuff like attacking Roe v Wade and giving them the chance?

They are ruling on a case before them; they don't go looking for controversial issues just to displease leftists.

If protecting human life is upsetting to some, they need figure out how to deal with such a horrific position. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, May 12, 2022 4:04 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The court is already going after legal precedent - after justices nominated said they would not.  Why shouldn’t they?

Where will all these Christian conservatives be in 5 years when there is an influx of brown and black babies with no homes?  Nowhere to be found.

We've already dispelled this hyperbole.  

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 12, 2022 4:06 PM

Where will all these Christian conservatives be in 5 years when there is an influx of brown and black babies with no homes?  Nowhere to be found.

I don't know.  But you people keep telling us how racist these people are yet they want the black and brown population to increase.  Think of all the future democrat voters this could generate.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 12, 2022 4:37 PM
posted by majorspark

I don't know.  But you people keep telling us how racist these people are yet they want the black and brown population to increase.  Think of all the future democrat voters this could generate.

You really just need to convince them that the fetus identifies as a 5-yr old, ready to start their indoctrination.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 12, 2022 6:04 PM

The court is already going after legal precedent - after justices nominated said they would not.  Why shouldn’t they?

That question was already asked and answered earlier on this thread.

So your position is we should keep killing more black and brown babies? That’s kind of the original intent of PP and Margarette Singer and rather racist.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, May 13, 2022 10:02 AM
posted by jmog

So your position is we should keep killing more black and brown babies? That’s kind of the original intent of PP and Margarette Singer and rather racist.

She was the complete package:  racist, eugenicist, and femi-Nazi.  And apparently loved by leftists. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, May 13, 2022 10:36 AM
posted by jmog

I think Margaret Sanger was staunchly anti-abortion.  Not that I care, but if so, she’s a bad example for your argument.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, May 13, 2022 2:45 PM

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/i-criticized-blm-then-i-was-fired?s=r

Well worth the read

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 15, 2022 4:22 PM

Imagine living in one of the most violent cities in America and you voted for this idiot. 

Sun, May 15, 2022 7:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

Imagine living in one of the most violent cities in America and you voted for this idiot. 

She’s as stupid as the fucktards that do want books like that or Maus banned.

I don’t want to live in Chicago ever.  I feel the same way about anywhere I’ve ever visited in Texas.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, May 15, 2022 10:56 PM

I think Margaret Sanger was staunchly anti-abortion.  Not that I care, but if so, she’s a bad example for your argument.

Margaret Sanger was staunchly for abortion for all black and brown babies and was the founder of Planned Parenthood.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, May 16, 2022 9:06 AM
posted by jmog

Margaret Sanger was staunchly for abortion for all black and brown babies and was the founder of Planned Parenthood.

from her wiki page

Margaret Sanger opposed abortion and sharply distinguished it from birth control. She believed that the latter is a fundamental right of women and the former is a shameful crime.[135]: 36–37 [23]: 125  In 1916, when she opened her first birth control clinic, she was employing harsh rhetoric against abortion. Flyers she distributed to women exhorted them in all capitals: "Do not kill, do not take life, but prevent."[136]: 155  Sanger's patients at that time were told "that abortion was the wrong way—no matter how early it was performed it was taking life; that contraception was the better way, the safer way—it took a little time, a little trouble, but it was well worth while in the long run, because life had not yet begun."[16]: 217 Sanger consistently distanced herself from any calls for legal access to abortion, arguing that legal access to contraceptives would remove the need for abortion.[137] Ann Hibner Koblitz has argued that Sanger's anti-abortion stance contributed to the further stigmatization of abortion and impeded the growth of the broader reproductive rights movement.[138]: 182–188 

While Margaret Sanger condemned abortion as a method of family limitation, she was not opposed to abortion intended to save a woman's life.[139] Furthermore, in 1932, Margaret Sanger directed the Clinical Research Bureau to start referring patients to hospitals for therapeutic abortions when indicated by an examining physician.[23]: 300–301  She also advocated for birth control so that the pregnancies that led to therapeutic abortions could be prevented in the first place.[140]

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, May 16, 2022 11:04 AM
posted by geeblock

from her wiki page

Margaret Sanger opposed abortion and sharply distinguished it from birth control. She believed that the latter is a fundamental right of women and the former is a shameful crime.[135]: 36–37 [23]: 125  In 1916, when she opened her first birth control clinic, she was employing harsh rhetoric against abortion. Flyers she distributed to women exhorted them in all capitals: "Do not kill, do not take life, but prevent."[136]: 155  Sanger's patients at that time were told "that abortion was the wrong way—no matter how early it was performed it was taking life; that contraception was the better way, the safer way—it took a little time, a little trouble, but it was well worth while in the long run, because life had not yet begun."[16]: 217 Sanger consistently distanced herself from any calls for legal access to abortion, arguing that legal access to contraceptives would remove the need for abortion.[137] Ann Hibner Koblitz has argued that Sanger's anti-abortion stance contributed to the further stigmatization of abortion and impeded the growth of the broader reproductive rights movement.[138]: 182–188 

While Margaret Sanger condemned abortion as a method of family limitation, she was not opposed to abortion intended to save a woman's life.[139] Furthermore, in 1932, Margaret Sanger directed the Clinical Research Bureau to start referring patients to hospitals for therapeutic abortions when indicated by an examining physician.[23]: 300–301  She also advocated for birth control so that the pregnancies that led to therapeutic abortions could be prevented in the first place.[140]

This is total BS, fake news 

Mon, May 16, 2022 4:29 PM
posted by jmog

I know she was a starter of planned parrnthood  She was against abortion, so she’s not a good example here.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 16, 2022 7:02 PM
posted by jmog

What a false argument. You know better. No one is really in favor of just killing babies and if they are, they are just as extreme as the crazy no exceptions crowd here. 

It is having the option, if needed, to terminate the pregnancy with the discussion with their doctor, not having the government telling women what they can and cannot do. 

I'm still wondering what people here think of the Ohio bills being debated.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 16, 2022 7:03 PM

She’s as stupid as the fucktards that do want books like that or Maus banned.

I don’t want to live in Chicago ever.  I feel the same way about anywhere I’ve ever visited in Texas.

Only good thing is Texas is food, and maybe the Circuit of the Americas.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, May 16, 2022 10:39 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

What a false argument. You know better. No one is really in favor of just killing babies and if they are, they are just as extreme as the crazy no exceptions crowd here. 

It is having the option, if needed, to terminate the pregnancy with the discussion with their doctor, not having the government telling women what they can and cannot do. 

I'm still wondering what people here think of the Ohio bills being debated.

No more a false argument as “those republicans aren’t going to like more black and brown babies born”

Sorry you didn’t get my reverse union card on the absurdity of that statement.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 16, 2022 11:34 PM

This popped up on my Linked feed.  Some brave people risking cancellation/termination to disagree.  If you're going to play the "if you don't have a uterus, you can't have an opinion", then this policy shouldn't be announced/shared BY A MAN. 

Posted by a software engineer named Cameron MacLean with Salesforce.  See if you can spot the inherent stupidity in this policy:

If Roe vs Wade is reversed, and your state decides to limit access to your own reproductive rights, and you are a Salesforce employee, we will pay to relocate you to a location where those rights are not limited.

I'm properly disgusted that regardless of your position on abortion, that the debate about rights to your own body has reopened. If you don't have a uterus, you are not entitled to an opinion in this debate. Full stop.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, May 19, 2022 1:57 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-early-voting-shatters-record-voter-suppression

So everything the leftists said turned out to be false...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, May 19, 2022 2:03 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-early-voting-shatters-record-voter-suppression

So everything the leftists said turned out to be false...

both things can be true correct?  they worked to supress votes and it didnt work?  Surely you dont think they tried to pass  measures that wouldnt benefit their party right?  that makes no sense

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login