Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, May 8, 2022 12:49 PM
posted by majorspark

Good ole high school dumbassery.  When my daughter was in high school this kid got caught weighing out his weed in the chem lab. 

I wasn’t operating in the age of cameras everywhere, so I have empathy for your nephew.  

The kid weighing the weed fits the profile of dumbass that will always be caught no matter the era.  

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 8, 2022 1:06 PM
posted by majorspark

All this speculation has nothing to do with the leaked decision if it holds, the feds have no constitutional authority in the matter.

If that is the case, as it seems, then issue reverts back to the statehouses as I said. Depends on their next move. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 8, 2022 1:21 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

If that is the case, as it seems, then issue reverts back to the statehouses as I said. Depends on their next move. 

The leak likely has only solidified the decision.  Any change now will only promote more leaks of this type. 

Sun, May 8, 2022 1:33 PM
posted by majorspark

The leak likely has only solidified the decision.  Any change now will on promote more leaks of this type. 

You mean how the leaks are now coming from the right? 

In this story are conservative clerks leaking on background like everyone does. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/07/supreme-court-abortion-roe-roberts-alito/

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 1:37 PM

All this worry about the states and their laws.  The left are logistical masters at transporting mobs anywhere in the US.  I'm sure they have the ability to transport women to any state that will allow them to kill their baby for any reason.

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 1:41 PM

You mean how the leaks are now coming from the right? 

In this story are conservative clerks leaking on background like everyone does. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/07/supreme-court-abortion-roe-roberts-alito/

People on the right leak.  I'm shocked.

Sun, May 8, 2022 1:41 PM
posted by majorspark

All this worry about the states and their laws.  The left are logistical masters at transporting mobs anywhere in the US.  I'm sure they have the ability to transport women to any state the will them to kill their baby for any reason.

Depends, but here in Ohio, again the law being debated makes zero exceptions. Seems like I am the only one even aware of that on here. 

Sun, May 8, 2022 1:43 PM
posted by majorspark

People on the right leak.  I'm shocked.

Exactly. That's the name of the game which makes the leak last week a non story to me in terms of who leaked it. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 1:46 PM

The old other side argument.  Our parents tried to save us from this.  Well billy does this.  If billy jumps off a bridge are you going to jump? 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 1:57 PM

Depends, but here in Ohio, again the law being debated makes zero exceptions. Seems like I am the only one even aware of that on here. 

Debated is not law.  Debates usually contain extremes on both sides.  Zero exceptions political scare tactic.  You do know a women can terminate her pregnancy without killing the baby. 

Sun, May 8, 2022 1:59 PM
posted by majorspark

The old other side argument.  Our parents tried to save us from this.  Well billy does this.  If billy jumps off a bridge are you going to jump? 

Not saying that at all, just that people on here are selective on their outrage about leaks. 

Sun, May 8, 2022 2:00 PM
posted by majorspark

Debated is not law.  Debates usually contain extremes on both sides.  Zero exceptions political scare tactic.  You do know a women can terminate her pregnancy without killing the baby. 

We shall see in Ohio, but you cannot ignore the shift to the right in the abortion laws over the years in states. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 2:12 PM

We shall see in Ohio, but you cannot ignore the shift to the right in the abortion laws over the years in states. 

You frame it in political terms.  I see it as a shift to life.

Sun, May 8, 2022 4:27 PM
posted by majorspark

You frame it in political terms.  I see it as a shift to life.

Statehouses are political organizations and are drastically changing laws, so yeah, I see it in political terms. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 4:38 PM

Statehouses are political organizations and are drastically changing laws, so yeah, I see it in political terms. 

The people of Ohio likely will no longer be confined by 9 people in robes.  You can trust the people in Ohio.  Maybe they choose life.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 8, 2022 4:39 PM

Spoiler alert....The Dems will never push for serious legislation at the federal level because abortion is a wedge issue for them.  Same with guns.

Both sides do it.  The issues are critically important to hordes of single-issue voting dumbasses.  Sensible/responsible progress is unlikely to happen so long as these assholes keep getting re-elected.  Our voters truly suck.

Sun, May 8, 2022 5:02 PM
posted by majorspark

The people of Ohio likely will no longer be confined by 9 people in robes.  You can trust the people in Ohio.  Maybe they choose life.

Sure, but how restrictive? How radical and outside the norm will they be? You say life, but what does that mean here? 

Sun, May 8, 2022 5:02 PM
posted by gut

Spoiler alert....The Dems will never push for serious legislation at the federal level because abortion is a wedge issue for them.  Same with guns.

Both sides do it.  The issues are critically important to hordes of single-issue voting dumbasses.  Sensible/responsible progress is unlikely to happen so long as these assholes keep getting re-elected.  Our voters truly suck.

Yeah, sure. It is a state house issue. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 8, 2022 5:19 PM

Sure, but how restrictive? How radical and outside the norm will they be? You say life, but what does that mean here? 

Radical? Outside the norm?  Where in nature is killing your offspring the norm?  

Sun, May 8, 2022 5:30 PM
posted by majorspark

Radical? Outside the norm?  Where in nature is killing your offspring the norm?  

I don't think you grasp the debate in the statehouse.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login