Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 1:46 PM

Derp. These people continue to get basic facts wrong. And praying for a psychotic pedophile’s family is something. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 7:42 PM
posted by Fletch

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/21/poll-over-6-in-10-americans-oppose-bidens-450k-for-border-crossers/

Kind of shocked that it’s not 99% oppose it

100% of those 6 in 10 don't understand lawsuits.
gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 7:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

Derp. These people continue to get basic facts wrong. And praying for a psychotic pedophile’s family is something. 

Facts don't matter to the party of emotional appeals.

It's the only explanation.  Like you said, no one that knows anything about the trial would choose this hill to die on.  Especially when the Arbery trial is EVERYTHING the woke crowd wanted to be true about Rittenhouse.

But someone said the reason no one is really talking about the Arbery trial is because it's pretty obvious they're getting convicted.

And while CNN had some people who gave fair and honest assessments of the KR trial, they still have people pushing the usual narratives.  Which is probably why they didn't have much live coverage - wouldn't want your viewers seeing the facts for themselves.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 8:26 PM

I mean I get this is a progressive thread but you guys also conveniently dismiss any relationship with the idiots on the extreme right while acting like anyone who voted dem has to answer for these fools. It’s both sides 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 21, 2021 10:58 PM

lol at this double down.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 8:45 AM
posted by geeblock

I mean I get this is a progressive thread but you guys also conveniently dismiss any relationship with the idiots on the extreme right while acting like anyone who voted dem has to answer for these fools. It’s both sides 

You're not wrong, but the difference they are pointing out is that the "far right" is currently still in the fringe. The "far left" loons are given ample airtime on CNN/MSNBC daily.

There is definitely a difference. 

If we want to talk about the arian nation, kkk, even the proud boys, qanon, etc fine, but they aren't on Fox News getting interviews daily.

People are on MSNBC and CNN daily from antifa, BLM (organization, not movement), communists, etc. 

That's the difference. The left is "normalizing" their frings, the right still marginalizes their's. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 10:17 AM

This was apparently a warning before the movie Rush Hour.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 11:06 AM
posted by jmog

You're not wrong, but the difference they are pointing out is that the "far right" is currently still in the fringe. The "far left" loons are given ample airtime on CNN/MSNBC daily.

There is definitely a difference. 

If we want to talk about the arian nation, kkk, even the proud boys, qanon, etc fine, but they aren't on Fox News getting interviews daily.

People are on MSNBC and CNN daily from antifa, BLM (organization, not movement), communists, etc. 

That's the difference. The left is "normalizing" their frings, the right still marginalizes their's. 

I think you are missing a large part of the House Republicans that parrot crazy conspiracy theories, QA theories, and that the 2020 election was not legit. Those people are far right and more mainstream now. They are just as bad as the squad, and are routinely on Fox. 

I mean I consider Jim Jordan far right and he is on Fox all the time. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 11:19 AM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/22/cancel-mob-wins-theodore-roosevelt-statue-at-nyc-museum-heading-for-north-dakota/

People are idiotic.  I am sure the phone call went something like this:

"take that statue down or we will pull your funding."

Should have taken down the side figures and just left Teddy on his horse.  problem solved

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 12:03 PM
gut Senior Member
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 12:17 PM
posted by iclfan2

Anyone who had mean things to say about Trump got their 1500 minutes of fame, whether it was true or not.  And for a few of the Board's esteemed posters that can't separate disdain for fake news with support for Trump, I'm not defending Trump here.

I remember Cuomo yucking it up with his brother and teasing a Presidential run.  Those were the days.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 3:18 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I think you are missing a large part of the House Republicans that parrot crazy conspiracy theories, QA theories, and that the 2020 election was not legit. Those people are far right and more mainstream now. They are just as bad as the squad, and are routinely on Fox. 

Or we could all also go to the new Rittenhouse thread where the talk is about him appearing on Tucker's show. He's a far right conspiracy theory nut and from the way the network promotes him and the way he brings in ratings, it's obvious that a large section of the right looks at him as their voice.

Saying or pretending that one side normalizes their crazies while the other side marginalizes theirs is so far from being true that it's laughable. If that sentiment had any merit, the Squad would be the only whack-jobs holding major office and fuckwits like MTG, Boebert, Gosar, Gaetz, Cawthorn, etc. wouldn't be taken seriously enough to get remotely close to their actual status.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 4:35 PM

Jim Jordan is not far right, unless you consider the far left “middle of the road” like you do yourself.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 4:49 PM
posted by jmog

Jim Jordan is not far right, unless you consider the far left “middle of the road” like you do yourself.

I think anyone that is a Trump attack dog can fairly be labeled far right, although I don't really even consider Trump a Republican.

I'd add McCarthy to that list.  And probably Cruz.  But that's about it as far as "prominent" right wingers in that party.  I know I'm forgetting a few, like DeSantis who seems to be positing himself that way.  I've seen one of the people Heretic mentioned on Fox quite a few times, but the rest are nobodies and definitely fringe. 

Meanwhile, The Squad are rockstars, and Bernie Sanders has a large cult-like following.  When Pelosi has become a "moderate", relative to the rest of the party, this comparison doesn't hold water.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 5:43 PM
posted by jmog

Your definition is really off then as I expected. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 5:55 PM

Your definition is really off then as I expected. 

Sorry, I deal in facts not opinion.

There are over 160 Rs more conservative in the HoR than Jordan by most objective measures  

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/report-cards/2020/house/ideology

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Nov 22, 2021 6:06 PM

FYI, the far right wing of that list only Gaetz in the top 25 is someone who is well known/prominent.

At least 5 in the top 25 liberals are well known on MSNBC routinely.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 23, 2021 1:18 PM

Jim Jordan is just a regular guy that speaks out against the deep state illegally spying on innocent Americans, which is exactly what every real American agrees with. 

Take care. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 23, 2021 1:20 PM
posted by justincredible

Everything deBlsio said was literally false. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login