Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:33 PM
posted by jmog

Every study from the most vaccinated countries, like Israel, say you are wrong.

As time goes by, I find it harder and harder to believe you are a brilliant guy trained in research and stats.

Either that, or you shitpost on stuff you haven't actually researched.  The above is flat wrong, and easily proven so with Google.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 5:44 PM
posted by justincredible

I guess my main point is that we DO NOT live in a free country. We live in an authoritarian country with a thin veneer of freedom.

States MUST start reasserting their sovereignty soon or it's going to get a lot worse in a hurry. Basically, neuter the Feds. Let California and New York be as left wing as they want, but keep that shit from infecting every state in the country.

When the government doesnt follow its own laws, there is no freedom, and no representative republic.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:17 PM
posted by jmog

Every study from the most vaccinated countries, like Israel, say you are wrong.

The vaccination rate of Israel and the U.S. are a couple of points apart, and (from cdc.gov):

"The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed."

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:44 PM
posted by gut
Yes, they do.  Don't be so obtuse.  You know better.

The fact is I do know, and they don’t.

Every study of every highly vaccinated country backs me up, doesn’t back up your assertion.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:46 PM
posted by gut

As time goes by, I find it harder and harder to believe you are a brilliant guy trained in research and stats.

Either that, or you shitpost on stuff you haven't actually researched.  The above is flat wrong, and easily proven so with Google.

As you spew more of this nonsense I wonder if you even got out of HS.

See, two can play the ad hominem idiotic response game.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:48 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

The vaccination rate of Israel and the U.S. are a couple of points apart, and (from cdc.gov):

"The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed."

Did you even read the part you bolded?  

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:51 PM
posted by jmog

Did you even read the part you bolded?  

Yes, it says what I said earlier. The vaccinated spread the virus less than the unvaccinated.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:54 PM

Yes, it says what I said earlier. The vaccinated spread the virus less than the unvaccinated.

No, you missed half the sentence if that’s your take away.

POTENTIALLY, yet more studies need to be done.  

Potentially in scientific papers typically means the two were near equal (transmissibility) yet we believe one vs the other or they didn’t test that at all and gave their opinion.

If their study showed that they would have said that.

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 7:58 PM

That's simply not true, at least in the scientific journals I've read and those I've been published in.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:06 PM

That's simply not true.

It most certainly is.

Took 5 seconds on google, like Gut so elegantly suggested.

Your transmissibility is a direct correlation to your viral load.

Delta variant, the predominant strain by far right now, shows to have the same viral load in vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

All I did was type in “delta variant viral load vaccinated vs unvaccinated” 

First link, second was same answer different source.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20211001/Similar-viral-load-in-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-individuals-infected-with-SARS-CoV-2-Delta-variant.aspx

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:06 PM

That's simply not true.

If their study showed what you said, they would have directly said that. They wouldn’t have said “potentially, more studies are needed”  

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:09 PM

What we know, from every reputable study so far, is that the vaccine is really not a vaccine, it’s an inoculation.

It doesn’t keep you from getting covid, it doesn’t keep you from transmitting it either.

It most likely makes your symptoms far less if you do get it.

Just like the yearly flu shot, it makes the flu manageable if you get it, doesn’t stop you from getting it.

You can keep saying something different to make yourself feel better but facts don’t agree with you.  

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:11 PM

Reputable study = those that agree with you.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:11 PM

That's simply not true, at least in the scientific journals I've read and those I've been published in.

JMOG is an abject partisan hack.  I used to respect him, even after I knew he supported Trump.  But some shit he posts is just absolutely shameful for what he claims as education and experience.
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:12 PM
posted by jmog

If their study showed what you said, they would have directly said that. They wouldn’t have said “potentially, more studies are needed”  

It does not mean what you claimed it meant, that it is no more likely than unlikely. That was a lie, sir.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:12 PM

Reputable study = those that agree with you.

Nope, plenty of reputable studies I have read in the past over many scientific topics that I didn’t agree with when I read it. It either changed my mind or it lead me to read more to get a clearer picture.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:13 PM

I got Covid after being vaccinated. Do I need a booster? Do I need a mask? I’m not doing either. My 2 and 3 year old also got it and were fine. The masks in daycare is stupid. My 2 year old’s speech is hampered by her teachers wearing one. 

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:14 PM
posted by jmog

What we know, from every reputable study so far, is that the vaccine is really not a vaccine, it’s an inoculation. 

WTF does that even mean?!?  Would you care to attempt to explain the impact and relevance of the above statement?

You are the smartest retard I've ever encountered.

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:15 PM
posted by gut
JMOG is an abject partisan hack.  I used to respect him, even after I knew he supported Trump.  But some shit he posts is just absolutely shameful for what he claims as education and experience.

It WAS kind of funny that he felt the need to "educate" me in what words and phrases mean in scientific journals. I both read them and was published in them prior to his birth.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 8:15 PM
posted by gut

Keep up the ad hominem, but at least get the attacks right.

I don’t and never did support Trump.  I thought Trump was a compete asshole and a disgrace as a person in that office.

I do believe that his actual policies were better than the far left, but that’s about all.

As a libertarian it isn’t hard to like someone’s policies over the far left however.

So you can argue the points or keep up the ad hominem, but at least get the insults you are trying correct.  I always have and always will think Trump is an asshole.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login