Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 18, 2021 5:57 PM

Lefty Twitter tried to cancel Carrie Underwood today bc she liked a post about kids not wearing masks in school…

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 20, 2021 1:41 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lefty Twitter tried to cancel Carrie Underwood today bc she liked a post about kids not wearing masks in school…

tweet zuby can be in favor opposed to mandatory against without being banned

Sat, Aug 21, 2021 8:23 AM

Lol what a headline “Larry Elder is the black face of white supremacy. You’ve been warned”. Then goes on to also say “skin folk but not kin folk”. Mandatory group think or else. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-20/recall-candidate-larry-elder-is-a-threat-to-black-californians

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 21, 2021 2:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol what a headline “Larry Elder is the black face of white supremacy.

The only thing liberals hate more than a black conservative, is a female (or whatever they call women these days) black conservative.
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 21, 2021 3:12 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol what a headline “Larry Elder is the black face of white supremacy. You’ve been warned”. Then goes on to also say “skin folk but not kin folk”. Mandatory group think or else. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-20/recall-candidate-larry-elder-is-a-threat-to-black-californians

Few true examples of racism as clear as the vitriol directed at black conservatives by liberals. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 22, 2021 5:42 PM

I bet it’s a complete coincidence that you can see if someone voted yes to recall Newsom from the outside of the envelope. Nothing shady about that at all. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Pretty cool thing for the former Director of the CIA and NSA to say.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Aug 23, 2021 12:38 PM

^^^^ apparently you missed the memo where it's perfectly fine for Libs to make asinine comments like this with no repercussions?

gut Senior Member
Mon, Aug 23, 2021 2:15 PM
posted by BR1986FB

^^^^ apparently you missed the memo where it's perfectly fine for Libs to make asinine comments like this with no repercussions?

This is not new.  I remain convinced the reason Trump got elected - and also why he was so hated by the left - was because he played their game, and he played it better.

The left has been waging an identity politics war for well over a decade, and Trump was the first "Republican" to punch back.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 27, 2021 3:36 PM

They just won't quit; they know they are out  of power after '22; so first it was HR1, now HR4.  The greatest threat to the republic are the democrats in congress. 

https://amac.us/house-democrats-pass-bill-to-steal-elections-the-old-fashioned-way/

Wed, Sep 8, 2021 7:40 AM

The future liberals want…

Wed, Sep 8, 2021 9:04 AM
posted by iclfan2

The future liberals want…

I'm going to start wearing a mask.  

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 11:20 AM

Not sure which infrastructure bill it is, but I saw where $65B is allocated to bring high speed internet access to the whole country.

You have to be kidding me.  I don't know how many people have inadequate options, but I'm guessing that math works out to something more than $10k per household.  IMO, that's one of the tradeoffs to people who mostly CHOSE to live out in the sticks.

If you can send email and texts, you're good.  We don't need to spend $65B so people living out in BFE can watch Netflix.  Which, when you think about it, it does seem more like a handout to the various streaming services out there.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 11:40 AM
posted by gut

Not sure which infrastructure bill it is, but I saw where $65B is allocated to bring high speed internet access to the whole country.

You have to be kidding me.  I don't know how many people have inadequate options, but I'm guessing that math works out to something more than $10k per household.  IMO, that's one of the tradeoffs to people who mostly CHOSE to live out in the sticks.

If you can send email and texts, you're good.  We don't need to spend $65B so people living out in BFE can watch Netflix.  Which, when you think about it, it does seem more like a handout to the various streaming services out there.

What part of the state do you live in?

Because, I can tell you in SE Ohio, the internet options and cell phone options are horrible. I have also been in spots in WV, KY, TN, and NC, where people have lived there for years and have zero access to internet. 

I have family members that live in their farm in NE KY that have zero options for internet. They do not chose to live there. It is their land going back to the 1800s. Why would they move? 

I find the internet expansion no different than the past federal funding to grow power lines and telephone lines. Same thing. This is just the next logical step for people in areas that do not have access to it. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 11:58 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

They do not chose to live there. It is their land going back to the 1800s. Why would they move?

Really?  Who is stopping them from moving?  OF COURSE they choose to live there.  Very odd perspective you have.

As to why they would move...Maybe because they want internet service?

I've been all over the country for work, and in some very small towns that didn't even have a Walmart.  I have never not had cell service.

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:01 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

What part of the state do you live in?

Because, I can tell you in SE Ohio, the internet options and cell phone options are horrible. I have also been in spots in WV, KY, TN, and NC, where people have lived there for years and have zero access to internet. 

I have family members that live in their farm in NE KY that have zero options for internet. They do not chose to live there. It is their land going back to the 1800s. Why would they move? 

I find the internet expansion no different than the past federal funding to grow power lines and telephone lines. Same thing. This is just the next logical step for people in areas that do not have access to it. 

I have family and friends who live in Appalachia with no internet…

I have family and friends who treat Covid and others suffering from Covid…

I have family and friends in Washington…

I have family and friends who volunteer at voting precincts…

I have family and friends who work at Russian meat factories…

Mr. Anecdotal 

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 9, 2021 12:37 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mr. Anecdotal 

He's mostly right about this one, though. My in-laws live not even 2 tenths of a mile of State Route 7 in SE Ohio, and even though high speed internet is available all along route 7 and internet starts back up about 3/4 a mile past them on their road, the company refuses to join the two lines (even though every house in the dead zone has committed to getting their service). 

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 2:09 PM
posted by brutus161

He's mostly right about this one, though. My in-laws live not even 2 tenths of a mile of State Route 7 in SE Ohio, and even though high speed internet is available all along route 7 and internet starts back up about 3/4 a mile past them on their road, the company refuses to join the two lines (even though every house in the dead zone has committed to getting their service). 

He probably is.  I just like to keep track of all the parts of the world he and his friends and family are intimately involved in.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Sep 10, 2021 2:39 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mr. Anecdotal 

This might be a better nickname than “moderate ptown,” well done.

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 10, 2021 5:23 AM
posted by gut

Didn't we already give these companies money to do this sort of thing and they just took it and didn't do shit? Or am I not remembering this correctly?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login