Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 3, 2021 6:34 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If Coumo were comatose, he'd probably still be elected. 

I'm wondering how he hasn't resigned yet, then I realize that might hurt him in potential civil suits down the road.

Not to mention, people always fight this stuff (and might actually believe they've done nothing wrong).

They need to put him out of his misery and impeach him.  Bad for the party to let this keep dragging out.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Aug 3, 2021 7:55 PM
posted by gut

I'm wondering how he hasn't resigned yet, then I realize that might hurt him in potential civil suits down the road.

Not to mention, people always fight this stuff (and might actually believe they've done nothing wrong).

They need to put him out of his misery and impeach him.  Bad for the party to let this keep dragging out.

He hasn’t resigned yet because he is a liberal Democrat and ALL OF THEM think they are above the lae

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 10:03 AM

.....and then you recall what they did to Kavanaugh.  What a bunch of despicable, lying, hypocrites, 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 10:14 AM
posted by QuakerOats

.....and then you recall what they did to Kavanaugh.  What a bunch of despicable, lying, hypocrites, 

The only difference being who was first. Situations reversed, same result.

Lots of valid reasons to prefer one party over the other. Ethical or moral superiority are not such reasons.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 10:34 AM

It’s super odd how the border issue has completely disappeared, when there are more now than Trump (when it was cried about daily), and they’re most likely infected with Covid.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 10:58 AM
posted by Fletch

He hasn’t resigned yet because he is a liberal Democrat and ALL OF THEM think they are above the lae

Maybe he just saw a certain someone else break out the "witch hunt" response and wind up not having to, I dunno, drop out of the presidential race or office and figured he might as well try that!

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 11:06 AM
posted by Heretic

Maybe he just saw a certain someone else break out the "witch hunt" response and wind up not having to, I dunno, drop out of the presidential race or office and figured he might as well try that!

Aside from Cuomo having known and named accusers on record...totally the same thing. 

Also, an investigation cleared Kavanaugh, but Cuomo not so much.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 11:13 AM
posted by iclfan2

It’s super odd how the border issue has completely disappeared...

LOL...some jackass libtard on another board said how kids getting separated was no longer an issue.  I mean, this guy didn't have two brain cells to lose BEFORE covid.

So I asked, did Biden really fix this, or did your "news" source just go back to ignoring it like they did when Obama was POTUS?  Got a predictable unhinged Trump rant in response.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 2:17 PM
posted by gut

Aside from Cuomo having known and named accusers on record...totally the same thing. 

Except at least some of these are employees.  Big difference.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 2:24 PM

This is a great example of a Partytard issue.  Whenever one of these idiots lets his pecker get him into trouble, the other side screams bloody murder.  After Cuomo, they'll be plenty more from both sides and we'll hear the same rhetoric.  

Clinton is probably saying to Hillary today, "See Hill, I told ya. Everybody does it.  It can't be helped."

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 2:48 PM

Clinton is probably saying to Hillary today, "See Hill, I told ya. Everybody does it.  It can't be helped."

Matt Gaetz is the big winner so far.  Of course, tougher to get witness statements when they aren't old enough to read or write.
iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 2:54 PM

This is a great example of a Partytard issue.  Whenever one of these idiots lets his pecker get him into trouble, the other side screams bloody murder.  After Cuomo, they'll be plenty more from both sides and we'll hear the same rhetoric.  

The Kavanaugh shit was made up, otherwise agreed. But if Cuomo was a repub, he’d be crucified publicly. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 2:58 PM
posted by iclfan2

The Kavanaugh shit was made up, otherwise agreed. But if Cuomo was a repub, he’d be crucified publicly. 

At least now they are criticizing him.  But this is MONTHS after the news broke, and the uproar barely rose to "slow golf clap" levels.  LOL, at first it was "one person alleges"....then "two people allege".  Didn't seem to be much of a story until over 10 women had come forward.

Meanwhile, Avenatti goes on CNN and says "I found this girl who went to law school with Kavanaugh 30 years ago..." and it's apopalyptic.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Aug 4, 2021 5:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Hell, he'd be in jail by now

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Aug 5, 2021 11:09 AM

Since when does the CDC get to dictate policy and law regarding evictions for tenants who refuse to fill some of the 9 million jobs available?  How does the CDC director steal the authority to do such things, despite the Supremes saying this power rests with congress? 

There is but one party that continues to stomp on the Constitution.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Aug 9, 2021 9:44 AM

It was nice to see Obama and the "vaccinated and sophisticated" crowd of celebrities and democrats could safely celebrate a maskless party thrown by a guy for himself, yet the white trash at Sturgis were creating a super spreader with their nonsense.  

I also liked John Kerry - our Minister of Climate (or whatever the fuck he's being paid to do) flying into Martha's Vineyard on a private jet.  Love our political class.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 9, 2021 11:22 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Since when does the CDC get to dictate policy and law regarding evictions for tenants who refuse to fill some of the 9 million jobs available?  How does the CDC director steal the authority to do such things, despite the Supremes saying this power rests with congress? 

There is but one party that continues to stomp on the Constitution.

You were doing fine until your last sentence which is nonsense.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 9, 2021 12:33 PM

It was nice to see Obama and the "vaccinated and sophisticated" crowd of celebrities and democrats could safely celebrate a maskless party thrown by a guy for himself, yet the white trash at Sturgis were creating a super spreader with their nonsense.  

I also liked John Kerry - our Minister of Climate (or whatever the fuck he's being paid to do) flying into Martha's Vineyard on a private jet.  Love our political class.

It’s amazing how many people defer to our political class as if they’re better or more important than anyone else. Absolutely pathetic.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Aug 9, 2021 12:36 PM

If Coumo were comatose, he'd probably still be elected.  NY is some old-school corrupt state politics stuff.  Like the Kennedys in Massachusetts.  A Kennedy in a vegatative state could easily win statewide office there.  

NY would elect a dog's left nut if they thought it would give them "free shit" see AOC.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Aug 9, 2021 12:53 PM
posted by justincredible

It’s amazing how many people defer to our political class as if they’re better or more important than anyone else. Absolutely pathetic.

And their media.  It's all performance art - the politicians, too.  They've carved plenty of "legal" corruption, and the amount of money being thrown at them is attracting the wrong candidates.

As for Obama, that sort of social climbing/status-seeking is hardly uncommon.  Personally, I don't see the attraction to surround oneself with a bunch of pretentious celebrity assholes, whom would most likely have their bodyguards throw you to the ground if non-member you came within "A-lister only" distance from them.

It's funny.  Trump used celebrity to become POTUS, and Obama used POTUS to become a celebrity.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login