Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by jmog

So much bull shit no idea where to start.

Just admit you don’t know what you are talking about before proving it with multiple paragraphs.

The leaders of BLM have actually stated they are Marxists. That isn’t a label other people are putting on them.

Calling us “fragile” because we call out your bullshit is just lazy and you know it.

If you read the statement they are saying that all of Cuba’s problems are because of the US, not because of their Communist dictatorship of a government.

They don’t even know, and apparently you don’t either, that the embargo does not include food and medical supplies which means that Cuba is getting those things yet their dictators are not getting it to their people.

I understand, as a black man, you don’t feel like you can criticize BLM, but good Lord this one is a softball/layup. Even VERY liberal news organizations are calling BLM out for such a stupid and ignorant take on the Cuba protests.

we have had this convo 20 times and i have said that i dont agree with the original founders and many of their ideas.  I also freely admit i know nothing about cuba.  Im calling you fragile not because of anything you say to me, but the fact that every week the right has something new to be scared of or outraged about.  tagging me in a post about BLM organization is just dumb like i said.  Especially when two pages later no one else has given their opinion on it so i even know what you are talking about.

I have never not once said one word supporting the organization.  It is a large global loosely organized organization that def has some radical members.  Just like the republican party has radical members, I'm going to assume all republicans  don't have to answer for some of their extreme members.  I still fully support the BLM movement 1000 percent.  

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 11:00 AM
posted by geeblock

we have had this convo 20 times ...

I demand a recount.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 11:38 AM
posted by geeblock

Like I have said many times before..i view the BLM organization and the movement as two separate entities.  They do seem to be extreme left, i couldnt write 3 paragraphs about marxism if i had to as i assume most people couldnt do it without google. Usually when i hear people saying marxism, they are just trying bash the BLM movement in general and that makes it easy and lazy.

I dont have to come out and defend them or feel the need to be tagged in posts about them, feel free to bash them amongst each other.  I havent made one post about the BLM organization.  I did spend a few minutes this AM on their website and dont see anything about marxism.

As far as the statement goes, i dont know much about cuba or the embargo or really didnt get what they said that was so terrible or some gotcha moment.  Seems like they were more critical of the US than the cuban government?  is the that take away i was supposed to get?

that being said, I get that this is probably the hardest time in history to be white, but you guys are becoming very fragile.  I would hate to  see what would happen if you had to face actual real discrimination.  You would think you would have more empathy for those people who actually do, given your reaction when you experience the slightest criticism.

I find it hard to believe that you yourself have been discriminated against in any way that isn’t some sort self righteous service to the victim ments

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 11:40 AM
posted by geeblock

we have had this convo 20 times and i have said that i dont agree with the original founders and many of their ideas.  I also freely admit i know nothing about cuba.  Im calling you fragile not because of anything you say to me, but the fact that every week the right has something new to be scared of or outraged about.  tagging me in a post about BLM organization is just dumb like i said.  Especially when two pages later no one else has given their opinion on it so i even know what you are talking about.

I have never not once said one word supporting the organization.  It is a large global loosely organized organization that def has some radical members.  Just like the republican party has radical members, I'm going to assume all republicans  don't have to answer for some of their extreme members.  I still fully support the BLM movement 1000 percent.  

If you can’t agree with the founding of this country (at least 99% of it) then leave.  I bet you will change your mind if you move to either country that makes up North America

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 12:02 PM
posted by geeblock

Ok, you keep attacking the person rather than the argument.

Calling people fragile for asking for your response/input is an extremely lazy argument. I mean you refused to spend 30 seconds googling “BLM statement on Cuba” and required a “link”.  Combine those two things and your whole set of comments on the matter is 100% pure laziness. 

It took you longer to ask for a link on ohiochatter than it would have to find the statement yourself on google. 

I know I am also attacking the person here rather than the argument, I am very self aware of that. However, when you offered no argument yourself and just attacked the person this is the normal response.

And about a “few” BLM being radicals and you shouldn’t have to answer for them just like how those on the OC don’t have to answer for the radicals in the Republican Party…

Apples to oranges my lazy friend, the radicals in the BLM movement are the FOUNDERS AND LEADERS of the movement.

If the Grand Wizard of the KKK suddenly was the leading candidate for the Republican ticket for POTUS then it would be a valid comparison.

Until then it’s just you being lazy once again. 

You are a smart man, start acting like it.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 12:43 PM
posted by jmog

Ok, you keep attacking the person rather than the argument.

Calling people fragile for asking for your response/input is an extremely lazy argument. I mean you refused to spend 30 seconds googling “BLM statement on Cuba” and required a “link”.  Combine those two things and your whole set of comments on the matter is 100% pure laziness. 

It took you longer to ask for a link on ohiochatter than it would have to find the statement yourself on google. 

I know I am also attacking the person here rather than the argument, I am very self aware of that. However, when you offered no argument yourself and just attacked the person this is the normal response.

And about a “few” BLM being radicals and you shouldn’t have to answer for them just like how those on the OC don’t have to answer for the radicals in the Republican Party…

Apples to oranges my lazy friend, the radicals in the BLM movement are the FOUNDERS AND LEADERS of the movement.

If the Grand Wizard of the KKK suddenly was the leading candidate for the Republican ticket for POTUS then it would be a valid comparison.

Until then it’s just you being lazy once again. 

You are a smart man, start acting like it.

Is the Democratic Party still the same as it’s founders intended or  do  things views and ideals change? I don’t think anyone cares that they are/were marxists except people who don’t believe in the movement either way. That is my overall point. 

Lol you never give an opinion about anything, you just like to argue with anything I say lol why would I give an opinion when no one else did? When u do give an opinion it’s always to one extreme or the other and usually has nothing to do with the original topic. Like this conversation. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 2:40 PM
posted by geeblock

Is the Democratic Party still the same as it’s founders intended or  do  things views and ideals change? I don’t think anyone cares that they are/were marxists except people who don’t believe in the movement either way. That is my overall point. 

Lol you never give an opinion about anything, you just like to argue with anything I say lol why would I give an opinion when no one else did? When u do give an opinion it’s always to one extreme or the other and usually has nothing to do with the original topic. Like this conversation. 

1. The DNC is well over 100 years old. BLM is like 5 years old. Of course the DNC has evolved over 100 years but acting like BLM has over 5 is either once again being lazy or just being ignorant, you choose.

2. That’s comical that I don’t ever give an opinion. Such another lazy ignorant statement.  My opinions are all over this board. Good Lord you are really acting ignorant.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 2:40 PM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdsSMUjj/

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 2:49 PM
posted by jmog

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdsSMUjj/

You didn't provide an opinion :)

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 10:42 AM
posted by justincredible

It literally means anti-fascist. The only way you can be opposed to antifa is to be a fascist. 

This is their argument. They are not smart people.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 12:23 PM
posted by justincredible

The stupid is strong in that thread.  Hitler probably considered himself anti-fascist, too.
like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:04 PM
posted by justincredible

Maybe we should start an “anti-gun” organization.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:27 PM
posted by like_that

Maybe we should start an “anti-gun” organization.

And shoot anyone that is "pro-gun".

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 9:52 AM

A tale of two brothers.

Josh polk was 6'3 in 220 in middle school and easily the biggest and strongest student i have ever came across in 25 years of teaching.  Would have easily been on track to go to the NFL and I've never had a student go to the NFL.  I have had many go D1 in football and basketball but never make the pros.

Dezwan was similar but not quite as strong.

Taught them both at Indianola middle school in the mid 2000's.  Terrible home life full of chaos and drugs. Both were selling drugs and carrying guns in Middle School.  Both super respectful to adults but got into fights daily.  Josh was in special ed and couldnt read which i think ended up making the biggest difference between them.  They moved out the hood and went to whetstone  hs and both were doing good for a while until Josh left his bookbag on the bus and it had a gun in it.  Indianola closed the year after they left and after all these years when the teachers i used to work with there get together we spend hours talking about these two.  Havent heard any news on them in a while and this morning my phone was blowing up.   Dezwuan is very successful now, graduated from  Perdue with honors and owns several businesses.  Josh threw his life away.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/police-identify-22-year-old-man-killed-in-west-columbus-shooting/530-6e9ee123-2af2-4abb-82a3-6d7236e6a039

https://purduesports.com/sports/football/roster/dezwan-polk-campbell/1109

geeblock Member
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 10:26 AM
posted by geeblock

A tale of two brothers.

Josh polk was 6'3 in 220 in middle school and easily the biggest and strongest student i have ever came across in 25 years of teaching.  Would have easily been on track to go to the NFL and I've never had a student go to the NFL.  I have had many go D1 in football and basketball but never make the pros.

Dezwan was similar but not quite as strong.

Taught them both at Indianola middle school in the mid 2000's.  Terrible home life full of chaos and drugs. Both were selling drugs and carrying guns in Middle School.  Both super respectful to adults but got into fights daily.  Josh was in special ed and couldnt read which i think ended up making the biggest difference between them.  They moved out the hood and went to whetstone  hs and both were doing good for a while until Josh left his bookbag on the bus and it had a gun in it.  Indianola closed the year after they left and after all these years when the teachers i used to work with there get together we spend hours talking about these two.  Havent heard any news on them in a while and this morning my phone was blowing up.   Dezwuan is very successful now, graduated from  Perdue with honors and owns several businesses.  Josh threw his life away.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/police-identify-22-year-old-man-killed-in-west-columbus-shooting/530-6e9ee123-2af2-4abb-82a3-6d7236e6a039

https://purduesports.com/sports/football/roster/dezwan-polk-campbell/1109

That's a sad story about Polk. I'm sure that gets to all of you that taught him. Sounds like he never had a chance. 

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 11:31 AM

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 12:02 PM
posted by justincredible

So…basically “demisexual” is a synonym for woman? Because that is basically most women.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 12:14 PM
posted by justincredible

Demisexualality is the exact reason guys like me struggled to get laid much in college. Tried, realized she required a "bond", formed a bond, tried again, was told "I'm sorry, but I think of you as a friend and our friendship is too important to me to jeopardize". 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 1:40 PM

Imagine thinking that this is a good look.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login