Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, May 25, 2021 6:42 PM
posted by gut

Here we go again with WaPo breaking a huge story based on "two anonymous sources" that a grand jury has been convened to charge Trump.

This is like Christmas for the tanking CNN ratings that they'll get to speculate and make wild claims, incontestable and unverifiable, for at least the next 6 months.  Really feels like ground hog day, again.

It won't surprise me if the Trump and his organization aren't charged, legitimately, for a variety of financial/tax crimes.  Real estate conglomerates engage in a lot of shady stuff.  But it will be curious to see just how politically motivated other aspects are.

Ask QO and Spock. As far as I can tell, there the ones on here that regularly comb the Post and CNN. I'd guess the rest pay no attention. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 26, 2021 12:56 PM
Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, May 26, 2021 1:16 PM

embarrassing to virtue signal for a terrorist group

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 26, 2021 1:41 PM
posted by gut

Here we go again with WaPo breaking a huge story based on "two anonymous sources" that a grand jury has been convened to charge Trump.

This is like Christmas for the tanking CNN ratings that they'll get to speculate and make wild claims, incontestable and unverifiable, for at least the next 6 months.  Really feels like ground hog day, again.

It won't surprise me if the Trump and his organization aren't charged, legitimately, for a variety of financial/tax crimes.  Real estate conglomerates engage in a lot of shady stuff.  But it will be curious to see just how politically motivated other aspects are.

There will be no let up in the witch hunts until the left is assured he is not running for president; the personal hatred is off the charts.  At least The People now know of the depths of the left-wing corruption in the DC sewer and the deep state media. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 26, 2021 2:39 PM
posted by QuakerOats

There will be no let up in the witch hunts until the left is assured he is not running for president; the personal hatred is off the charts.

Ehhh, don't forget Jared Kushner's dad had like a 10 year sentence.  So it does happen.  And what's being talked about as far as fraud related to valuing/statement of assets, is relatively common practice AND illegal.  Just complicated and lots of gray areas that usually don't have much interest in pursuing.

So it's possible this is both completely justifiable while also being political.  And Trump brought it on himself by not releasing his tax returns.

Moral of the story is, if you have a history of shady business dealings (as many do in international real estate), then probably not a great idea to run for POTUS.

Spock Senior Member
Thu, May 27, 2021 11:02 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/usa-today-transgender-athlete-op-ed-chelsea-mitchell

Man this makes my blood boil

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 27, 2021 1:08 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.foxnews.com/us/usa-today-transgender-athlete-op-ed-chelsea-mitchell

Man this makes my blood boil

If biological girls can and did compete in boys wrestling, then there should be nothing wrong with transgender males competing against other biological males.

I can't remember what the Olympic committees have said about this.  I do know, at that level, athletes will do crazy things to compete.  Remember a survey years ago, not long after the Ben Johnson scandal, and something like 75% of athletes would take a supplement with a significant risk of DEATH in 10 years if it helped them win. 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, May 27, 2021 1:11 PM
posted by gut

If biological girls can and did compete in boys wrestling, then there should be nothing wrong with transgender males competing against other biological males.

I can't remember what the Olympic committees have said about this.  I do know, at that level, athletes will do crazy things to compete.  Remember a survey years ago, not long after the Ben Johnson scandal, and something like 75% of athletes would take a supplement with a significant risk of DEATH in 10 years if it helped them win. 

Girls wrestled with boys because their was no sanctioned girls wrestling.  That changes next year with OHSAA sanctioned girls wrestling season.  We will see if a boy decides to cross over and wrestle with them.

Thu, May 27, 2021 1:25 PM
posted by gut

Your first argument doesn’t does not make sense, but I can’t tell if you’re serious. As for the olympics, there is a weight lifter that I think they’re letting compete (I forget what country). I will be rooting for him, so that women start getting angry at such a stupid idea. 

Thu, May 27, 2021 6:21 PM
justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 27, 2021 8:09 PM

This is really stupid. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that some people are not attracted to fat people. Plenty of people are, hence preference. It is not "fat-phobic" to have a preference on the body type of the opposite sex. You are doing yourself zero favors with this video and come off as an entitled asshole. Nobody owes you a date.

Thu, May 27, 2021 8:11 PM

The kicker is, she's not unattractive. But she's absolutely insane. The eyes do not lie.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 27, 2021 9:54 PM

"You're fat-phobic!"

"No, I just don't want to pay your dinner bills.". 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 27, 2021 10:02 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

"You're fat-phobic!"

"No, I just don't want to pay your dinner bills.". 

She looks like the women who come to my shoe store.

You take her to the buffet.

Fri, May 28, 2021 8:45 AM
posted by Al Bundy

She looks like the women who come to my shoe store.

You take her to the buffet.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, May 28, 2021 4:45 PM

Being fat and obese is a choice.  Not liking her for her choices is like not liking the local heroin dealer.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, May 31, 2021 4:39 AM

COVID has created such a weird loser fetish. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/05/post-pandemic-dont-want-to-reenter-society/619045/

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 31, 2021 5:35 AM
posted by like_that

COVID has created such a weird loser fetish. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/05/post-pandemic-dont-want-to-reenter-society/619045/

Damn the writer needs therapy not a pen. Moving to Texas I can tell you Covid is over in Dallas. We went to a food hall on Friday and it was shoulder to shoulder standing room only packed with people eating and drinking. Not one mask anywhere in the place it was refres

Tue, Jun 1, 2021 5:49 PM

It’s June, so all the brands are adding pride flags to their social media avatars. Except for their Middle East affiliate accounts. Clockwork. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 2, 2021 9:39 AM
posted by justincredible

It’s June, so all the brands are adding pride flags to their social media avatars. Except for their Middle East affiliate accounts. Clockwork. 

I wonder why they aren't putting flags up on their Middle East Social Media accounts?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login