Progressives, part 3...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 2, 2021 6:35 PM
posted by Spock

I wish I owned or created something that wanted to be cancelled so I could tell them all to fuck off

If something you owned or created wanted to be canceled, you'd tell it a thing or two!!!

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 5:24 AM
posted by justincredible

Dr Seuss has been canceled.

Well then he shouldn't have been oppressing the damn eggs by calling them Green. There's a long history of systemic racism in the practice of colorizing eggs. EoC (eggs of color) often get marginalized by grocery stores and  markets, red-lined in favor of white eggs. This has to stop!

This is why I'm introducing a bill that will require all grocery outlets to practice equity and diversity by displaying equal amounts of white eggs and EoC. I'm also leading a grass roots organization on Twitter that demands people to say Xggs.
#ELM

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 8:00 AM
posted by Spock

I wish I owned or created something that wanted to be cancelled so I could tell them all to fuck off

Man, that'd be really cool.  It would really show them. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 8:48 AM
posted by Spock

Nice self own.

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 4:15 PM

Anyone see the hubbub about the shape of the CPAC stage? For those not in the loop, the outrage mob determined it was (obviously intentionally) built in the shape of a Nazi symbol. They called for boycotts of Hyatt for hosting the event. Turns out the stage was created by a prominent design firm that donates almost exclusively to Democrats. 

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 4:21 PM
posted by justincredible

Anyone see the hubbub about the shape of the CPAC stage? For those not in the loop, the outrage mob determined it was (obviously intentionally) built in the shape of a Nazi symbol. They called for boycotts of Hyatt for hosting the event. Turns out the stage was created by a prominent design firm that donates almost exclusively to Democrats. 

It is hard for me to find any existing redeeming value of social media at this stage.  

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 4:30 PM

It's awful and great at the same time. Just complete and utter bullshit on one hand, but one of the only places I can interact with people that actually share my beliefs.

Wed, Mar 3, 2021 4:39 PM
posted by justincredible

It's awful and great at the same time. Just complete and utter bullshit on one hand, but one of the only places I can interact with people that actually share my beliefs.

I get what you're saying.  I don't know your beliefs, but I can see that if they aren't widely held, it's a way to connect with others.  I've done the same thing.  It just gets old letting every jackass walking the planet have a platform to spew out opinions of things they know nothing about.  I realize SM is here to stay.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 12:50 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I get what you're saying.  I don't know your beliefs, but I can see that if they aren't widely held, it's a way to connect with others.  I've done the same thing.  It just gets old letting every jackass walking the planet have a platform to spew out opinions of things they know nothing about.  I realize SM is here to stay.

I think social media has done more harm than good for our entire society.  

Edit: Yes, I know good also came out of social media.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 8:30 AM
posted by justincredible

I saw it when it was first brought up on Twitter and just laughed. Then when people starting dunking on them about how the firm that did it is actually based in MD and has a very liberal owner, I laughed even more. The Twitter fast reaction mob is the worst. 

I'll also add the complete shit that Keith Olberman and Michael Moore posted the last few days about Texas and holding vaccines away from them now that they did away with the mask mandate. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 8:58 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I'll also add the complete shit that Keith Olberman and Michael Moore posted the last few days about Texas and holding vaccines away from them now that they did away with the mask mandate. 

This makes me laugh the most. Regardless of the fact that some states never even had a mask mandate and not everyone votes for the governor, are you gonna not treat smokers with lung cancer and fat people with health disabilities too? 
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:28 AM

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:56 AM
posted by justincredible

No media left wing bias at all in this country.
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:01 AM
posted by jmog
No media left wing bias at all in this country.

The progressives actually think the media is too conservative. If you look at libs on twitter like Jake Tapper, if he ever says anything remotely against a democrat, they blast him in the comments about being too middle of the road. 

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:03 AM

To be fair, I don't think slate pretends to be impartial.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:08 AM
posted by justincredible

They have perfected the art of 'protecting their own', and of course they (media) have every tool of the 'apparatus' at their disposal. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 10:17 AM
posted by justincredible

Correct. Slate is progressive and makes no bones about it. I used to read some of their stuff some years ago, but noticed it has gotten worse and worse of the years. 

That said, the Slow Burn podcast is actually pretty good. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 4, 2021 12:50 PM
posted by justincredible

Yeah, using them to make a point about media is about the same as using Breitbart, Huff Post, OAN and all the other places that openly cater to the far left/right wingers who are far enough detached from reality to think that anything not blatantly biased towards their side is biased against them.

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:18 PM

Fri, Mar 12, 2021 12:34 PM

Never really gets old to see.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login