Progressives, part 3...

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 9:21 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Not quite. The AG has not fully signed on to the Texas suite, just his own as Quaker said. Even then, the rest of the state Government is not fully on board, like the Governor. 

Spin it how you want but 22+ states and growing

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 12:13 PM
posted by gut

You seem quite optimistic.

In other news, Operation President Kamala has begun.....

I'm not optimistic; I'd say a 10% chance at this point.

The old guard liars from the intel deep state have now been proven to be the artists of the media campaign to shield Americans from the real news of the Biden criminality.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 12:17 PM

PS -  and I think they had a hand in having Biden admit he was under federal (tax) investigation and then that will probably get 'settled' in a few weeks and they can all say well we let you know there was an investigation but it has now been settled and we can move on from here.  And that will end all other investigations into the entire Biden criminal enterprise.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 1:10 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I'm not optimistic; I'd say a 10% chance at this point.

The old guard liars from the intel deep state have now been proven to be the artists of the media campaign to shield Americans from the real news of the Biden criminality.

Ah the deep state...gotta keep that conspiracy bullshit running. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 1:10 PM
posted by QuakerOats

PS -  and I think they had a hand in having Biden admit he was under federal (tax) investigation and then that will probably get 'settled' in a few weeks and they can all say well we let you know there was an investigation but it has now been settled and we can move on from here.  And that will end all other investigations into the entire Biden criminal enterprise.

Is Bill Barr a part of the deep state now? I cannot keep straight who is and is not part of the club. 

As someone who lives in Maryland, can I be a part of it? Or, am I already? 

Once I move to Ohio in a few weeks, am I still a member of the deep state? 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 1:26 PM

Ah the deep state...gotta keep that conspiracy bullshit running. 

It's his way of saying "I got nothing" without actually admitting being wrong.

"IT WAS MAGIC GREMLINS WHO DONE IT!!!!!!! HONEST!!!!!!"

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 7:27 PM
Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Fri, Dec 11, 2020 8:43 PM
posted by iclfan2

And sad at the same time.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 1:38 PM
posted by geeblock

https://news.yahoo.com/scotus-rejects-texas-bid-overturn-234401163.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&tsrc=fb

Shockingly, the highest court in the land, regardless of what political side has the majority, is WAY above listening to arguments that sum up to: "I know they cheated! I don't have proof or even know exactly how they did it, but GODDAMNIT, I KNOW!!!!!"

Playing up peoples' inherent mistrust of the other side with conspiracy theory allegations, while working to widen the divide with "secession" and "civil war" talk might work to fire up the base due to people in general being stupid and wanting to be told how to feel. But at some point, you actually have to make adult arguments that contain things like  "evidence" and "proof" and they've been really struggling at that aspect of the game.

Probably doesn't help that his legal representation seems composed of fanboys (and girls) who act like they got their legal degrees from Trump University and are far better at turning things into a spectacle than they are at actually doing anything to help his cause.

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 4:16 PM
posted by Heretic

Shockingly, the highest court in the land, regardless of what political side has the majority, is WAY above listening to arguments that sum up to: "I know they cheated! I don't have proof or even know exactly how they did it, but GODDAMNIT, I KNOW!!!!!"

Playing up peoples' inherent mistrust of the other side with conspiracy theory allegations, while working to widen the divide with "secession" and "civil war" talk might work to fire up the base due to people in general being stupid and wanting to be told how to feel. But at some point, you actually have to make adult arguments that contain things like  "evidence" and "proof" and they've been really struggling at that aspect of the game.

Probably doesn't help that his legal representation seems composed of fanboys (and girls) who act like they got their legal degrees from Trump University and are far better at turning things into a spectacle than they are at actually doing anything to help his cause.

Or the fact that they actually have 200+ people with sworn testimony, video evidence, statistical evidence of fraud.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 4:22 PM
posted by Spock

Or the fact that they actually have 200+ people with sworn testimony, video evidence, statistical evidence of fraud.

You mean 200+ Trump volunteers went looking for fraud, and - shocker! - believe they observed fraud?

Unfortunately, an affidavit attesting to what you think you saw is not proof of what actually occurred, given the historically horrible accuracy of eye-witness accounts.

And I happen to believe the courts, at least a few of them, would be interested in even a little fraud, even if it wouldn't affect the election result.  Up and down, all the way to SCOTUS, refusing and tossing these cases shows just how lacking the evidence is.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 4:24 PM
posted by Spock

All as credible as the woman in Georgia?

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 5:33 PM
posted by gut

You mean 200+ Trump volunteers went looking for fraud, and - shocker! - believe they observed fraud?

Unfortunately, an affidavit attesting to what you think you saw is not proof of what actually occurred, given the historically horrible accuracy of eye-witness accounts.

And I happen to believe the courts, at least a few of them, would be interested in even a little fraud, even if it wouldn't affect the election result.  Up and down, all the way to SCOTUS, refusing and tossing these cases shows just how lacking the evidence is.

You dont dismiss those claims, people should get their day in court in this country.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 5:56 PM
posted by Spock

You dont dismiss those claims, people should get their day in court in this country.

They did, their claims were found to have no merit and were thrown out.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 12, 2020 7:28 PM
posted by gut

lol after the way Democrats went after the Supreme Court justice nominations what do you expect.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 13, 2020 4:15 AM

I have also kind of enjoyed the Progressive meltdown after some picks, like the SECDEF pick. Former General Lloyd is a fine pick actually. 

The worst meltdowns I've seen are the Neera Tanden and Susan Rice picks. For once they don't care about last names or what people look like hahha

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 13, 2020 3:58 PM

A woman has accused Cuomo of sexual harassment.

It's almost as if, now that the election is over, the left has decided that it wants no part of Cuomo's rising star.  I saw a rumor that Biden was considering him for AG, so maybe that's where this is coming from.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sun, Dec 13, 2020 7:16 PM
posted by gut

A woman has accused Cuomo of sexual harassment.

It's almost as if, now that the election is over, the left has decided that it wants no part of Cuomo's rising star.  I saw a rumor that Biden was considering him for AG, so maybe that's where this is coming from.

Considering I've come to look at Cuomo as a semi-intelligent dude who flails wildly at whatever thoughts he can come up with, usually in a day-late reactive manner AND who has 99% of his relevance solely from the New York ties, as opposed to actual merit, his star not rising any further wouldn't exactly make me upset.

Also, speaking of flailing wildly, I found CC's rambling about TEH COURTS to be hilarious.

"These people DESERVE to have their claims heard in court!!!!!"

Uh, dumbass, they are. That's why terms like "case dismissed" or "case thrown out of court" are synonymous with Trump's legal team right now. When your entire argument is nothing but claims that you aren't able to substantiate with actual proof, your stay in court isn't exactly to be a productive one...unless "being turned into a meme because you're batshit insane like that one Michigan woman" counts as productive.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login