Progressives, part 3...

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:52 AM
posted by like_that

I lived downtown for 7 years and still pay taxes there.  I have seen enough to jump on the “fuck making them a state” bandwagon.

I don’t even have an opinion on DC statehood, and don’t care what others think about it. But the logic of “those people chose to live there, they shouldn’t be able to pass a bill” is just terrible. Especially when it’s very obvious why republicans don’t want DC statehood. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:56 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don’t even have an opinion on DC statehood, and don’t care what others think about it. But the logic of “those people chose to live there, they shouldn’t be able to pass a bill” is just terrible. Especially when it’s very obvious why republicans don’t want DC statehood. 

Works both ways, there's exactly one reason why the left wants it.

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 8:19 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Works both ways, there's exactly one reason why the left wants it.

And that’s fine. But both sides making up excuses why it shouldn’t happen when all they have to say is “we don’t want more/less blue representation in the senate”

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 10:36 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

And that’s fine. But both sides making up excuses why it shouldn’t happen when all they have to say is “we don’t want more/less blue representation in the senate

Lindsey Graham said this in a Republican press conference.

https://www.counton2.com/news/south-carolina-news/senator-lindsey-graham-challenger-jaime-harrison-comment-on-dc-statehood/

Graham claims that the move would “dilute SC’s say in the United States Senate,” as he assumes both senators from DC would be Democrats, thus ‘canceling out’ the votes of the two Republican senators from SC.
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 11:29 AM
posted by majorspark

Lindsey Graham said this in a Republican press conference.

https://www.counton2.com/news/south-carolina-news/senator-lindsey-graham-challenger-jaime-harrison-comment-on-dc-statehood/

Graham claims that the move would “dilute SC’s say in the United States Senate,” as he assumes both senators from DC would be Democrats, thus ‘canceling out’ the votes of the two Republican senators from SC.

Yup

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by justincredible

This is why I like the idea of Jefferson. Sacramento does not represent NorCal. Let the conservative counties of Oregon join them and create a new state. I bet it'd actually vote in some libertarians. But, of course, liberals HATE the idea of Jefferson and conservatives HATE the idea of DC statehood so we're all held hostage by political parties that don't give a flying f*ck about anything that doesn't push their re-election.

It's all bullshit.

And we have Quaker here to prove that point. Adamant that it'd be great to separate Cali in order to have a new conservative state and just as adamant that DC shouldn't become a state. Blind "ONLY IF IT BENEFITS MUH PARTY!!!!" partisanship is the worst thing existing in our country.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:40 PM

Lol trying to cancel Mt Rushmore now, what a time to be alive

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Jul 6, 2020 2:23 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/07/06/dakota-pipeline-shutdown/

A Federal judge legislating from the bench in an election year is what this is.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 11:35 AM

Watching the behavior of the so-called "progressives" in these last 6 months, I'm convinced that it's just the short way of saying "fucking bolsheviks".

Change my mind!

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 22, 2020 12:17 PM

While I've been away for a handful of months, it's kinda nice and comfortable to see the lefties trying their best to gaslight after all this time. Damn! 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 22, 2020 5:35 PM
posted by Heretic

And we have Quaker here to prove that point. Adamant that it'd be great to separate Cali in order to have a new conservative state and just as adamant that DC shouldn't become a state. Blind "ONLY IF IT BENEFITS MUH PARTY!!!!" partisanship is the worst thing existing in our country.

DC should NEVER be a state as long as the federal government is seated there.  That was all by (brilliant) design, incidentally.  If they want to be a state, then all the federal agencies need to be relocated across the country, frankly that should occur regardless.  There is no way to get effective fair administration of federal government by centering it in the DC bureaucratic echo chamber, and then on top of that, awarding them with congressional representation equal to that of all states with the federal govt.  BS; time to decentralize.   The Department of the Interior would do quite well in Colorado or Wyoming .... The Department of Agriculture would do quite well in Iowa or Nebraska .... and on and on ...  The concentration of power in a DC state is a no go.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Jul 22, 2020 5:36 PM
posted by QuakerOats

DC should NEVER be a state as long as the federal government is seated there.  That was all by (brilliant) design, incidentally.  If they want to be a state, then all the federal agencies need to be relocated across the country, frankly that should occur regardless.  There is no way to get effective fair administration of federal government by centering it in the DC bureaucratic echo chamber, and then on top of that, awarding them with congressional representation equal to that of all states with the federal govt.  BS; time to decentralize.   The Department of the Interior would do quite well in Colorado or Wyoming .... The Department of Agriculture would do quite well in Iowa or Nebraska .... and on and on ...  The concentration of power in a DC state is a no go.

i like it

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 24, 2020 5:07 PM

LMAO, this article hits all the dog whistles.  Just in case you think she could have possibly been accidentally snubbed, they make sure you know those fucking rednecks discriminate against her for wearing a mask!

Yep, all the way at the end of paragraph 6 the school says it was policy not to mention graduates not in attendance.

Holy crap, it goes on talking about how hurt she is and how often she's been discriminated against - wait for it - but the students are actually all home schooled!  Wow, what a piece of crap this article is.  HuffPo, I know, still funny.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/high-school-graduation-coronavirus-alabama_n_5f1aec30c5b6296fbf41b323

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Jul 24, 2020 5:50 PM
posted by gut

LMAO, this article hits all the dog whistles.  Just in case you think she could have possibly been accidentally snubbed, they make sure you know those fucking rednecks discriminate against her for wearing a mask!

Yep, all the way at the end of paragraph 6 the school says it was policy not to mention graduates not in attendance.

Holy crap, it goes on talking about how hurt she is and how often she's been discriminated against - wait for it - but the students are actually all home schooled!  Wow, what a piece of crap this article is.  HuffPo, I know, still funny.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/high-school-graduation-coronavirus-alabama_n_5f1aec30c5b6296fbf41b323

They also got the latest Woke spelling. The mother is described as "Black" with a capital 'B', and she's married to a man who is "white" with a small 'w'. 

Great lesson here - if you want to see racism everywhere, don't take any personal responsibility for anything.  Just keep searching and you'll be sure to find it. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 24, 2020 6:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

They also got the latest Woke spelling. The mother is described as "Black" with a capital 'B', and she's married to a man who is "white" with a small 'w'.

Great lesson here - if you want to see racism everywhere, don't take any personal responsibility for anything.  Just keep searching and you'll be sure to find it. 

Haha, missed the capital B.

LOL, the writer got all fired up to print a story about racism from that backwater Alabama, and then after the story completely falls apart decides to run with it anyway.

Fri, Jul 24, 2020 11:03 PM

Them damn cops 

Fri, Jul 24, 2020 11:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

Them damn cops 

???

It’s okay to say the police need changes, but also the police aren’t the reason why the cities are screwed up

Mon, Jul 27, 2020 9:13 AM

Lol what?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 10:52 AM
posted by iclfan2

Lol what?

I think you know exactly "what". The important message here is Rutgers cares. It still doesn't change the fact that their football team sucks. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 12:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol what?

Between shit like this and universities charging students full price tuition for online classes,  I wonder if we will see a big drop in enrollment numbers.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login