Progressives, part 3...

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 8:19 AM
posted by iclfan2

This women worked for Biden and had told others about what happened. No one could even corroborate that Kavanaugh had even met Blasey-Ford. Fuck the media, we already know they’re losers, but half of the government tried lifting up that story to be true. I’m still mad about it.
As an aside, I doubt it’s true, I personally don’t believe her, but the left deserves this to blow up. 

Have you seen Joe around any girl older then 5 years old?  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 9:25 AM
posted by iclfan2

This women worked for Biden and had told others about what happened. No one could even corroborate that Kavanaugh had even met Blasey-Ford. Fuck the media, we already know they’re losers, but half of the government tried lifting up that story to be true. I’m still mad about it.
As an aside, I doubt it’s true, I personally don’t believe her, but the left deserves this to blow up. 

I am skeptical myself, but if they are going to play by the same rules, Biden deserves to be dragged thru the mud just like Kavanaugh was for far less evidence against him.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Biden was a 50-something US senator in ’93, and has an interesting history of ‘groping’; Kavanaugh was a 18-21 year old kid with zero history.  Fuck the MSM:  CCP assets.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 6:36 PM
posted by like_that

I am skeptical myself, but if they are going to play by the same rules, Biden deserves to be dragged thru the mud just like Kavanaugh was for far less evidence against him.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but let's wait until the convention.  I'm not sure it's a done deal for Biden, and the issues piling up to at least offer the potential for some gamesmanship.  And it might not be unrelated that when Bernie was suspending - not ending - his campaign, he was still asking for votes and keeping his delegates.

I'd be willing to bet if you could hack the DNC servers, there are real scenarios being plotted of how to replace Joe.  It would be irresponsible not to - you can't rule out the possibility that he's caught having a senior moment where he forgot to put on pants before going outside.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 7:52 PM

I guess this is a rhetorical question, but is anyone surprised that Cuomo is being praised for how he's handled the pandemic and being touted as a Presidential candidate....while Trump is bumbling incompetent and has cost lives?  A few weeks ago, Cuomo was deflecting on NY was the "ahead of the other states....they'll be dealing with what we are".  Ummmm, no.  OH, for example, was doing everything NY has done days before NY did it.  And CA and WA had people dying from it before NY did, and it never got anything like NY in either of those places.

Have these people actually looked at the numbers in the NYC area? 

If you look on a per capita basis for cases and deaths, the US is pretty much right in the middle of the EU and other OECD countries.  And that's WITH New York in the numbers.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 11:04 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Biden was a 50-something US senator in ’93, and has an interesting history of ‘groping’; Kavanaugh was a 18-21 year old kid with zero history.  Fuck the MSM:  CCP assets.

I agree with you that he should receive the same scrutiny. I laugh at your MSM being CCP asset only because that is the recent line Rush & Co. have been pushing.  Try out your own ideas once in awhile. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 10:34 AM

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 10:41 AM

18 days ago.... Wash Po and NYT waited until Easter Sunday to drop their articles. Hilarious.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 1:09 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I agree with you that he should receive the same scrutiny. I laugh at your MSM being CCP asset only because that is the recent line Rush & Co. have been pushing.  Try out your own ideas once in awhile. 

Ok.  How about this:  The CCP can count among their assets the American mainstream media.

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 1:11 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Ok.  How about this:  The CCP can count among their assets the American mainstream media.

Whatever you say.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:10 PM

Senator Chris Murphy (D, Conn): "The reason that we're in the crisis that we are today is not because of anything that China did". Defending China to own Trump, interesting tactic. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:26 PM
posted by iclfan2

Senator Chris Murphy (D, Conn): "The reason that we're in the crisis that we are today is not because of anything that China did". Defending China to own Trump, interesting tactic. 

That's how you know the worst of the crisis is behind us.  Tom Hanks' wife being widely quoted for "severe side effects" with unknown benefit from taking chloroquine.  And of course the usual suspects are running this to attack Trump for promoting the drug.  Apparently no one bothered to clarify if it actually was the less toxic hydroxychloroquine.  Ummm, most drugs have side effects, and hers were temporary and comparatively mild relative to the potential benefit.  Yes, your fever may have just happened to break when you took the drug.  That is entirely possible....but unlikely.

Rare side effects are pretty typical....these are not dangerous drugs taken under medical supervision.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:27 PM
posted by gut

I guess this is a rhetorical question, but is anyone surprised that Cuomo is being praised for how he's handled the pandemic and being touted as a Presidential candidate....while Trump is bumbling incompetent and has cost lives?  A few weeks ago, Cuomo was deflecting on NY was the "ahead of the other states....they'll be dealing with what we are".  Ummmm, no.  OH, for example, was doing everything NY has done days before NY did it.  And CA and WA had people dying from it before NY did, and it never got anything like NY in either of those places.

Have these people actually looked at the numbers in the NYC area? 

If you look on a per capita basis for cases and deaths, the US is pretty much right in the middle of the EU and other OECD countries.  And that's WITH New York in the numbers.

I actually have had roughly this same thought about Cuomo.  What did NY do first that makes Cuomo such a hero?  Base on the per capita numbers even, NYS has fucked this up mostly.  You can hide behind it being a hub, sure, but like you said, California and Washington state had fatal cases at least as early as New York.

On a state-by-state and per capita basis, as of April 9, New York state has the worst death rate so far, by far.

Why is this guy being lauded like he is?  Because he says things that sound nice?  That's what it seems like.

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:28 PM
posted by iclfan2

Pretty sad.  This guy is consumed by the politics and can't see the reality.  I  highly doubt he was "prepared" even though he's a member of the highest legislative body in the country.  I'm sure he could have done more to sound the alarm or call for planning in his position.  Point is, no one was prepared anywhere in the world.  Now having been through the experience, hopefully that changes.  But exonerating China is ridiculous.

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:31 PM

The endless amounts of soundbites of politicians in March saying that its safe to gather and "go to Chinatown" (Pelosi) is all but being ignored.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 1:37 PM
posted by O-Trap

Why is this guy being lauded like he is?  Because he says things that sound nice?  That's what it seems like.

Because he's a Democrat and it's NY.  And he's the only one getting national daily pressers, so they're trying to make him the foil to the incompetent Trump.  Just completely ignores reality.  If USA numbers were like NYC, Trump would already have been removed from office.

I like listening to Cuomo much more - he's a way better communicator and speaker.  And a lot of his numbers could be luck of the draw, global hub, etc...But objectively he has done nothing to warrant praise over several other governors like Dewine and Newsom.  Cuomo dicked around trying to force Trump to issue the quarantine orders, probably so he himself wouldn't have ownership  Yes, you can have different guidelines by city/county and while some people will go to the next town over, most people are homebodies.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 5:29 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not even shocking in the least anymore.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 18, 2020 6:55 PM
posted by justincredible

https://twitter.com/AngelaBelcamino/status/1251215402065186817

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Apr 18, 2020 7:41 PM
posted by justincredible