OSU Football 2019

• Tue, Aug 20, 2019 8:02 AM
    posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

My point originally was that OSU is ridiculous about extracting every nickel from under any stone it can find.  Trademarking "the" is, in my opinion, and example of going overboard to accomplish this.  

posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That wasn't what I was saying.  I was commenting on the silliness of trying to commercialize every obscure thing associated with the school.  

Not sure where this cynicism is coming from, but thank you for expressing your hyperbolic opinion, even if it's, as you say, "going overboard".

Tue, Aug 20, 2019 4:14 PM

You're welcome.  My cynicism comes from hearing the OSU spokesperson (some vice president making God knows how much) claiming that trademarking "THE" is part of the school furthering its teaching and research mission.  I'd respect them more if they were honest. "We're trying to trademark anything we can that allows us to sell more gear."

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 12:29 PM

Time to take Fields out. Jk, but really.... FAU isn’t even trying to play defense 

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 12:53 PM

I get home and it’s 28-0 with 5:55 left in the 1st.....since I’ve watched I’ve seen 2 punts 😐

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 1:29 PM

OSU is not playing well

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 1:29 PM

They would be losing to almost any Big 1G team playing like they did on the 2nd qtr

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 2:12 PM

Terrible non-safety call

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 2:15 PM

Looks like I jinxed them. My bad

Sun, Sep 1, 2019 1:15 PM

1-0 

Fri, Sep 6, 2019 1:32 PM
    posted by vball10set

1-0 

Yeah, to me, that was just a game where things were way easy in the early going, so they lost a lot of their intensity after it became apparent they'd score 100 if they wanted, which led to a long period of lackluster play. The sort of thing that's understandable, even if we'd rather have them show nothing but killer instinct.

But overall, the only thing that really concerned me was that Dobbins was kind of pedestrian overall. Been reading about how he was ready to explode this season after being disappointed in his performance last year, but he still was under 5 YPC for the game and had a fumble. And having good contributions from him throughout the season when they're playing actual competition is going to be a pretty key element for the team, I'd have to imagine.

Sat, Sep 7, 2019 10:04 PM

2-0 

Sun, Sep 8, 2019 7:49 PM

It doesn’t matter, but LSU jumped the Bucks and Oklahoma in the AP Poll. OSU drops to 6 after beating the brakes off UC. 

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 7:12 AM
    posted by wildcats20

It doesn’t matter, but LSU jumped the Bucks and Oklahoma in the AP Poll. OSU drops to 6 after beating the brakes off UC. A

As long as the same happens next year when tOSU opens a can on the Ducks, I'm fine with it.

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 2:24 PM

not sure where to put this, but thought it was appropriate all things considered...

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 8:20 AM

3-0

Ad